BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I`m a BMW convert although I currently own a 5 series, I`m in the process of buying a 1998 323i 2.5 sport tourer. with 120k, the car has a FSH from a bmw dealer. With loads of receipts for previous work done, is in good condition. Can anyone advise me of the things to look out for wear & tear wise, and maybe give me an idea as to it`s value.

thanks

ken

·
I Am The Machine
20,931 Posts
Welcome to the Fest.

1) What is FSH? It's a good idea to explain uncommon acronyms.

2) Check the stickies, plenty of good advice in there about what goes wrong. Cooling & suspension issues will be common. ALWAYS have any car you're considering buying inspected by an independent BMW mechanic.

·
hookersandblow
7,254 Posts
I`m a BMW convert although I currently own a 5 series, I`m in the process of buying a 1998 323i 2.5 sport tourer. with 120k, the car has a FSH from a bmw dealer. With loads of receipts for previous work done, is in good condition. Can anyone advise me of the things to look out for wear & tear wise, and maybe give me an idea as to it`s value.

thanks

ken
120k....

The entire cooling system should get an overhaul, brakes should need to be done.. Not sure of others, but the cooling is basically a ticking time bomb..

1 - 3 of 3 Posts