BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Hi from a new Shark owner - Atlanta

432 0
Hey Guys,

I wanted to introduce myself and say hi and of course tell you about my car. I now own a really nice Euro Shark - 1985 635 CSI - in Burgunrot (burgundy metalic) with a llama beige interior with perfect dash and rear pods for the speakers. Original carpets in fantastic shape and seats also in unbelievable condition. The paint has to be, for a 27 year old car, absolutely as good as one could expect - a 9 out of 10 imho. It's not perfect, as in no stone chips at all but it has very few and few blemishes. The wheels are 17" later model sport wheels off a 5 series. The brightwork is fabulous. I paid what I consider a pretty premium price at 8200 but I have also spent about that much on deferred maintenance but that includes a new stereo - still have the original radio/stereo - and a new power antenna. It has new tires - no curb rash on the wheels. I do not have the original TRX wheels. It has the sport seats and dogleg shift pattern tranny. I have done everything it needed and the biggies are; AC completely reconditioned w/ rebuilt compressor, new evaporator and drier and set up with 134a, new front shocks, new power booster, new master/slave, idller arms, bushings front and rear, new fan switch and regulator replaced, so it now works perfectly on the infinitely variable fan switch, The stereo is a Kenwood - high option stereo and all new speaker in original spots - in other words that looks completely stock, Hoses. I'm sure I'm leaving things out - but you get the jist.

The work was performed by Buckhead Motor Works in case anyone is familiar with Atlanta and the best BMW independants. It really needs nothing and I replaced the steering wheel with a really almost perfect Mtech stock steering wheel and I out sourced a beautiful wood mahogony shift knob. It works really perfectly and is an absolute joy to drive.

I was at the Bimmerfest this year in Winston Salem - some of you that were there will remember the car. I was hanging in the parking lot at the Hotel in downtown. Went on the rally drive out to the vinyard. What fun that run was. I followed my buddy Roy Wick.

I bought this car earlier this year and some may have seen it - was on line for about 2 days when I saw and took care of business.

What do you guys think? I'm now the 3rd owner, the second owner had it for about 2 years and the original owner of course had it most of it's life and was a Pan Am pilot - it still has the Pan Am sticker in the front window. He bought it in Germany and kept it there the first 4 years of it's life. It's been taken fairly good care of and now it is in top notch condition. It has a little over 100k miles.

Tim

Attachments