BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, newbie to the forum. Had a number of Bimmers in my almost 53 years of driving, all great cars going back to 2000 and 2002 models. Just bought white 2008 Z4, 3.0i Roadster with Premium package, 66K miles, great shape, running perfectly. Like it better than my Boxster. The winter season is almost here to use it all the time with the top down. Would like to change the OEM factory size wheels (17") to something a little bit bigger wheel, maybe a wider tire in the back just for looks. Ideally a combo still fairly comfortable to drive. Only city( street) driving. Not too expensive. All advice welcome,thanks

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you, would you be able to post or send me the photo of your car to give me an idea how it looks with those tires and wheels. thanks

·
Registered
12,832 Posts
The M Sport suspension package comes with 18 inch style 108 wheels. They're 8" wide in the front and 8.5" wide in the rear. The stock front tire size is 225/40x18 and the rear is 255/35 x 18. I've run 255/35 x 18 on the front and 275/35 x 18 on the rear with no issues.
See my signature photos for how the 18" style 108 wheels look.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
testshot, great looking wheels, what size wheels and tires please. thanks a lot. My car is factory 17" all around right now.

·
Guibo killer
83 Posts
19" 40/35 series tires 235/255 widths, much more grip, less squirrely rear end. They also resisted the potholes that ate the stock wheels the first month I had the car.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts