BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am the new owner of an old bimmer. I recently bought a 1995 325i convertible. It is very high mileage, nearly 200,000 miles. It has been meticulously maintained and nearly all the service records are with the car. The previous owner added several performance items such as Bavarian stress bar, drilled brake rotors, low profile tires and special rims, and a performance chip. There may be more but I don't remember. This car is a beauty to drive and does not reflect the miles already travelled. I hope to put another 100K or so on it myself. I am seeking advice on one problem though. The transmission (manual 5 speed) is very smooth, syncros work perfectly, etc. When I put it in reverse, it is difficult to get it far enough left as it interferes with the center console. I had hoped it was just a linkage problem but after viewing a couple of shop manuals, I am not so confident. Is this a known problem with these high mileage cars or am I unique? Any help or advice will be greatly appreciated.

It is great to be here on the forum.

Mike

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the welcome. I thought I had uploaded pix but I guess I did it wrong. I have uploaded 4 to R2 Bimmer. I hope they made it!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts