BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whatz going on bimmers I am asking if anyone has found the hidden menu on the idrive it has everything but I ask if on that menu it shows navi and gps does that mean that my car is per-wired for the navi if anyone has come across this can u plz let me now the dealer doesn't want to let me no

·
Plate O' Shrimp
326 Posts
I do not think i understand.

·
tappa tappa toit
4,727 Posts
Whatz going on bimmers I am asking if anyone has found the hidden menu on the idrive it has everything but I ask if on that menu it shows navi and gps does that mean that my car is per-wired for the navi if anyone has come across this can u plz let me now the dealer doesn't want to let me no
Hey bro, can you please rewrite your post so it's easier to understand? Or at least post up a pic of the hidden menu so we know what it is. Thanks..

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
There is no pre-wiring for Navigation. Your car either has it or it doesn't. On the opening menu of your I-Drive you should see 4 selections. If you have Navigation, your selections say: Communications -- Climate -- Entertainment -- Navigation.
If your opening menu's 4 selections say: Communications -- Climate -- Entertainment -- Car Data, then you do not have Navigation and there is no pre-wiring.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
every bimmer is pre-wired for navi open ur manual and read about it or you can go on realoem.com and plug your make and model and it breakes every part down from screws to sunroof

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
logon to you tube and search idrive hidden menu and it will show you the steps on how to unlock and will break down the car's software and what it's pre-wired for

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Now let me get this straight....in your original post, you are asking if anyone can tell you if your car is pre-wired for Navi...then you tell me all Bimmers are pre-wired of Navi and I should open the manual! OKAYYYY!!!!!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Correct I took the time out to read my book after I had placed the post and after I saw a post on another on a different forum sorry for wasting anyone's time

Thnks

·
Registered
988 Posts
Correct I took the time out to read my book after I had placed the post and after I saw a post on another on a different forum sorry for wasting anyone's time

Thnks
What year is your car and what page exactly in the manual says anything about the car being pre-wired for Nav?

·
Registered
90 Posts
If you are looking to install navigation into your vehicle IMHO it's going to be very expensive regardless if its pre-wired or not. You may be better off buying a Tom Tom and using that when you need directions to your destination.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts