BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
I'm writting on behalf of my parents, who own 2007 525d e60. They bought the car over a half year ago and had no troubles with it, but since last 2 weeks. The battery is running low over night and car doesn't start in the morning. They thought it's battery issue and ordered a new one online. But the problem persisted.

They visited some local car mechanic and he couldn't figure out what's wrong. Then dad purchased for himself a multimeter and checked out for parasitic drains while unpluging a single fuse each time. Troublesome fuse turned out to be fuse 18 in a glovebox. But it's a fuse for a ton of stuff in a interior. Unplugging it each time my dad parks works out, but it's definitly not a solution.

I've checked ton of topics over forum about battery issues and tried checking out a few things. I figured out the car doesn't go into sleep mode by closing it with leaving opened glovebox to check if light goes down after some time (ppl mostly said it should take 20 seconds). Tried same method with unplugging IBS cable still with no results.

I'd like to hear your suggestions to check for possible solutions to the problem.

Cheers

·
Under the lift arms
13,092 Posts
well thats great news.. he has successfully isolated the draw to the suspect circuit:

with out looking at the wiring diagrams to figure out whats on that leg... i could only makes some guess's

sleep mode is 16 minute, it should go to sleep with the glove box open..

what is the last 7 of the vin.. that will contain all the information on thhe vehicle : allowing us to search thru the Tis database

1 - 3 of 3 Posts