Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2015 435xi with adaptive Xenon headlights. I also have the speed limit camera feature, as well as all the other driver safety features (lane departure, active cruise control with start and stop, ect). Is it possible for me to enable highbeam assist via coding? I've read a lot on these forums about it, but before I start messing with my car too much, I wanted to ask and make sure this is even a possibility.

·
Registered
81 Posts
It worked on my F25. Because I don't have the stalk switch, I enable FRM -> 3050 -> FLA_AUTO_AKTIV -> automatisch which defaults it to "On" when the car starts.

Then there were a couple others.

FRM -> 3050 -> FLA_VERBAUT -> aktiv
HU_NBT -> 3000 -> HIGH_BEAM_ASSISTANT -> aktiv
KAFAS2 -> 3050-> FLA_ON_OFF -> aktiv

From what I understand the key (FLA_AUTO_AKTIV) is hit and miss on other models. I can shut off HBA by flicking the high beams. I can turn HBA back on by turning the headlights off and back on quickly.

·
Registered
769 Posts
I have a 2015 435xi with adaptive Xenon headlights. I also have the speed limit camera feature, as well as all the other driver safety features (lane departure, active cruise control with start and stop, ect). Is it possible for me to enable highbeam assist via coding? I've read a lot on these forums about it, but before I start messing with my car too much, I wanted to ask and make sure this is even a possibility.
Do you mean HBA or glare-free HBA? You cannot enable the latter: Glare-free high beam assistant in Xenon cars (read the entire thread).

·
Registered
769 Posts
I'm just looking to enable HBA. Is it possible?

"FRM -> 3050 -> FLA_AUTO_AKTIV" Doesn't seem to exist for 2015 F32.
There is no way to get auto activation of HBA on the F3x, so that code is irrelevant. You need the left steering column stalk with the HBA button (SZL). See this thread.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for providing that link - it pretty much answered all my questions. Do you have any recommendation on where I can find the replacement steering wheel stalk? Are there websites that sell them or will a dealership order one for me?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I found the part for sale. Looks like I would have to replace a large part of the steering wheel and it will not be cheap. HBA probably is not worth all that.

·
Registered
769 Posts
I found the part for sale. Looks like I would have to replace a large part of the steering wheel and it will not be cheap. HBA probably is not worth all that.
The part is about $500, plus installation (unless you can do it yourself).

I agree that it might not be worth the cost in order to get just the plain on/off HBA functionality.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts