BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,646 Posts
I still don't understand completely what the issue is. I am no lighting expert but this is what I know about my lights.

Low-beams (outer bulbs) are D2S HID Xenons. Hi-beams are also HID outer bulbs with the inner shades "rolled up" and I think the lenses aimed a bit higher.

The inner H7 bulbs are for daylight running lights and for flashing people when you pull back on turn signal stalk.

Do you have the same bi-Xenon setup?

So you are saying the low beam HID works fine, then you push forward on the turn stalk and the HIDs turn off? If that is the case I would try turning the headlight dial switch over to position 3 (see attached image) and see if that makes any difference. Are both sides of the high beams not working?

Attachments

·
Registered
2,023 Posts
The daytime running lights can be turned off from the iDrive as stated but it will depend on the year of your car. I believe from the 07 and newer, you have this feature in the iDrive but if the car is older, you will have to have it done at the dealership.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.