BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On my 2006 650i when I hit the high beam switch, the low beams go to high beam, but the high beams do not come on. Checked the fuse, checked the bulb-- Is there a relay somewhere that could be causing this?

·
Registered
3,646 Posts
The 6er has bi-xenon lights. The inner two lamps are halogen for daylight running lights only, the outer two lamps are xenon and provide both low beam and high beam.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Wrong Pic

I tried to post a pic of my 650i in My Garage section, picked wrong photo to upload and now can't change it-- I KNOW the one pictured is a 2012 and mine is a 2006 and I'll change it as soon as the program will let me!

·
Registered
3,646 Posts
I tried to post a pic of my 650i in My Garage section, picked wrong photo to upload and now can't change it-- I KNOW the one pictured is a 2012 and mine is a 2006 and I'll change it as soon as the program will let me!
I would just delete the two cars in your garage and re-add the car with the new photos.

·
Registered
174 Posts
question Yorgi
1st how do i turn on inner two lamps are halogen for daylight running lights?
2nd if i change these inner tow lamps with HID how to i make them come on for running light?
do you know how by any chance?

·
Registered
3,646 Posts
question Yorgi
1st how do i turn on inner two lamps are halogen for daylight running lights?
2nd if i change these inner tow lamps with HID how to i make them come on for running light?
do you know how by any chance?
The dealer can turn on the inner running lights but they run at only 3V (they typically charge about $100 for the programming). If you want brighter bulbs forget the dealer programing, you will need to do some serious custom wiring to run 12V to the inner sockets plus some bright H7 bulbs and a few relays.

·
Registered
174 Posts
thank you Yorgi
i will ask my brother friend who is medc. for 25years on car

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.