BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Banned
874 Posts
You can do the installation yourself and bought it used. i got a dinan for $200 put it in on the spot.. dont pay retail for performance parts its not worth it. i buy everything on craigslist.com check it out

· Search Button Upper Right
2,272 Posts
Sometimes there is a difference to buying things used and online. A throttle body I'm sure you can get away with, but many things you can't, and even on the throttle body I'd inspect carefully (obviously...)

The throttle body can probably land you anywhere from 2-10hp depending on how much else in the breathing system you have mod'd (ie. intake, HFM, Headers, Cats, Exhaust, ingition, fuel supply)

· blank
1,635 Posts
you arent going to see a noticeable difference unless you have a CAI, more free flowing exhaust and a chip. you might feel slightly more throttle response, but to get the max power out of it you have to let everything breathe better

· Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
alright thanks for the help i have a K&N cai and i straight piped it all the way back and i just bought a dinan chip yesterday. i think I'm going to start looking for it cheaper somewhere else. i really appreciate the help!

· Search Button Upper Right
2,272 Posts
mmm, it will do good for your setup then :)

If you really want to take full advantage of it, upgrade from your 3inch intake to a 3.5intake- bigger tubing, and filter, and a Euro or 5 series 3.5HFM, a silicone throttle body boot at the right size (bimmerworld sells these for both the 3.5 and 3.0) and you will really be happy with your purchases :D

I think from a stock set up you could possibly see gains as high as 30+horses from your setup if you went the 3.5" route. (intake+tubing+HFM+silicone throttle boot+BIG BORE throttle body+straight pipes+chip... they all work together, and as has been mentioned many times, and are all synergistic (( they play into eachother, where you may only see a 2HP increase with JUST a CAI, you will get your CAI to jump up to something like 6HP if you do exhaust... make sense?)

Also... you will still have room to expand on this system and pull even more horses out of these mods... such as headers, performance coils, and bigger injectors (where there is more air, there needs to be more fuel, and where there is more fuel, there needs to be increased ignition)

· Banned
874 Posts
I would know the power difference... I can almost go toe to toe with my girls m3 my **** has balls for a 325is i smash on anything highway roll thats the thing!!i got all my stuff off craigs too HELLA CHEAP!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.