BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I apologize if this has been posted before. But I wanted to pose my specific situation as a question.

I am returning a high-mileage E90. (I know I should have watched the miles, but up until last year, I always had enough to pay for the end of lease charges).

Anyway, the delaership is giving me an amazing deal on a new E90 for just a couple of hundred over invoice. But they suggest that I deal with BMWFS for the lease settlement and leave it fully out of this deal.

My question is, whether including the lease return while leasing a new one is going to save me a few thousand dollars off the final end-of-lease settlement bill. In other words, will the dealership absorb part of the costs without hurting my deal on the new one?

they are far too eager to leave the return to BMWFS and out of the current deal!!!

·
Flying monkey herder
8,166 Posts
Hi,

I apologize if this has been posted before. But I wanted to pose my specific situation as a question.

I am returning a high-mileage E90. (I know I should have watched the miles, but up until last year, I always had enough to pay for the end of lease charges).

Anyway, the delaership is giving me an amazing deal on a new E90 for just a couple of hundred over invoice. But they suggest that I deal with BMWFS for the lease settlement and leave it fully out of this deal.

My question is, whether including the lease return while leasing a new one is going to save me a few thousand dollars off the final end-of-lease settlement bill. In other words, will the dealership absorb part of the costs without hurting my deal on the new one?

they are far too eager to leave the return to BMWFS and out of the current deal!!!
the lease overage fee is going to come outta somewhere. be it your own pocket or being added to the current deal, its going to be paid somehow.

·
Registered
2,355 Posts
Hi,

I think the dealer's hand may be tied, because you are required to sign the odometer statement and this will go back to BMWFS. BMWFS generates the End of Lease Statement, not the dealer and they do so with the info disclosed on the form and the terms in the contract. Just the same if you were under mileage, they would have given you credit.

Dealers sometime waive damage and tire replacement on a lease return and will not mark it on the inspection form they send to BMFS but the odometer statement is legal thing - don't think they'd risk it. :dunno:

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Dealers sometime waive damage and tire replacement on a lease return and will not mark it on the inspection form they send to BMFS but the odometer statement is legal thing - don't think they'd risk it. :dunno:
Thanks. That helps. I can perhaps get them to waive the maintenance and cosmetic items.

I just need to know... If I am getting the car at only a couple of hundred over invoice, where is the dealership makign their money, as BMW does not have holdbacks as far as I have researched.

I just need to somehow incentivize this for them, or at least know what incentives they do have.

·
Registered
2,549 Posts
just because there are no formal holdbacks, doesn't mean the dealer is getting nothing from mama BMW for every car sold. Could be a free vacation to Hawaii for the salesman -- who knows? He aint doin it for charity, trust me.

·
Registered
4,072 Posts
They're anticipating a "5" rating on the CSR survey from you.

Plus with the way the economy is, I think the dealership would like nothing to do with a high mileage return on their used lot, considering they're not even moving low mileage CPOs.

·
Freedom isn't free!!
19,825 Posts
just because there are no formal holdbacks, doesn't mean the dealer is getting nothing from mama BMW for every car sold. Could be a free vacation to Hawaii for the salesman -- who knows? He aint doin it for charity, trust me.
:rofl:

They're anticipating a "5" rating on the CSR survey from you.

Plus with the way the economy is, I think the dealership would like nothing to do with a high mileage return on their used lot, considering they're not even moving low mileage CPOs.
+1

OP, you'll get better answers to your questions on this topic if you post in the Ask a Dealer forum.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Im in the same boat as you I have high miles E90 ready to return.I talked to BMWfs and they quoted me a few thousand off residual to buy it but a high interest rate then got a local dealer to beat BMWna price and interest so I countered BMWna and they came down a little more,while haggling price BMWna phone sales guy said they were offering better interest at dealers who sell CPOd lease returns , I took that as BMWna wanted me to buy car from a dealer my guess is they dont want to compete with dealers they need to see them stay open so Im guessing they would sell them at near cost to keep the whole operation going, with no dealers open BMW financial services isnt going to be doin much business.

·
Who, me?
2,733 Posts
They are telling you to deal with BMWFS, because if you find out what it's going to cost you to turn that in, you might not have any money left to buy their new car.

BMWFS will not cut you any slack, if you are not buying your present car off lease. Be prepared to pay full charges for over-mileage and any cosmetic issues. They just have no motivation to do so..

·
IntarWeb Stalker
10,068 Posts
They are telling you to deal with BMWFS, because if you find out what it's going to cost you to turn that in, you might not have any money left to buy their new car.

BMWFS will not cut you any slack, if you are not buying your present car off lease. Be prepared to pay full charges for over-mileage and any cosmetic issues. They just have no motivation to do so..
"60-percent plunge in quarterly profit"

Some motivation for them is to increase their profit line: If you want my return business for a new lease then "let's make a deal".

I hate sales people who take hard-line sales pitches. As long as you speak with the person who can make the call (manager) and you don't act like you are desperate for their product then you should be able to get some wiggle room.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts