BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
•••••••
16,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I could tell last week at the track that I was getting better and faster on that specific course with each successive lap, but was unsure as to what, if any, residual effects it would have on my overall driving skills.

Well, today, I took a drive back and forth on Mulholland Highway, from Woodland Hills to Malibu and back. I found myself able to navigate the road much more quickly, with much less drama. I even found myself rev-matching and performing heel-toe downshifts with much greater ease, even though I didn't even concentrate on those skills at the track last week.

More evidence that the very best performance mods you can buy for your car are weekend track schools!

Man, I really am looking forward to attending another in a few months.

:thumbup:

·
Rest in peace, Coach
9,106 Posts
Raffi said:
You're hooked! :D :D :D
Hooked nothing...I can personally attest to high performance driving school saving 4 asses on the way to VEGAS.

It works, trust me...If you like to drive fast on the freeway, at least do yourself a favor and take some high performance driving schools.

·
Registered
3,675 Posts
4 Yahoos versus GIANT metal sign post

Yeah, the school definitely saved us four yahoo's asses on our way to Vegas. Ya know, going 90, one hand on the wheel, the other holding the walkie talkie coordinating leap frogging and talking shit about dem SUV drivers, we ALL managed to miss a GIANT metal sign post sitting on the left lane. Incidentally, the freeway into Vegas was backed up shortly after because some SUV tried to avoid the sign unsuccessfully.:tsk:

On another note, this guy I know who also has an 02 M3 and a 98 M3 used to have to try REALLY hard to go 80 on the 110 freeway going into Pasadena back when he had the 98 M3. After a few schools, he was able to do EASILY 100 without even trying in his new one.

I can't wait till September Buttin Willow school. There are still spaecs available, you all should come.:thumbup:

Andy
02 M3 CB/Cloth SMG

·
Registered
3,848 Posts
Re: 4 Yahoos versus GIANT metal sign post

Ok Stuka, for the DV trip, you are assigned behind Dave's Ford Windstar. :eeps: And no overtaking... :lmao: :lmao:

Am planning on SpeedVentures Sept 20th Buttonwillow event. (Raffi, give me another day and I will sign up!!!):p

·
Hi
4,481 Posts
The HACK said:

Hooked nothing...I can personally attest to high performance driving school saving 4 asses on the way to VEGAS.

It works, trust me...If you like to drive fast on the freeway, at least do yourself a favor and take some high performance driving schools.
:dunno: That's what I was trying to say, HACK meister! He's hooked on the driving schools. :D :D

·
Hi
4,481 Posts
Re: 4 Yahoos versus GIANT metal sign post

Stuka said:
Yeah, the school definitely saved us four yahoo's asses on our way to Vegas. Ya know, going 90, one hand on the wheel, the other holding the walkie talkie coordinating leap frogging and talking shit about dem SUV drivers, we ALL managed to miss a GIANT metal sign post sitting on the left lane. Incidentally, the freeway into Vegas was backed up shortly after because some SUV tried to avoid the sign unsuccessfully.:tsk:

On another note, this guy I know who also has an 02 M3 and a 98 M3 used to have to try REALLY hard to go 80 on the 110 freeway going into Pasadena back when he had the 98 M3. After a few schools, he was able to do EASILY 100 without even trying in his new one.

I can't wait till September Buttin Willow school. There are still spaecs available, you all should come.:thumbup:

Andy
02 M3 CB/Cloth SMG
Ahh, good old memories - how about another Vegas trip, right after Death Valley???? :bigpimp: Who's that maniac doing 100 on the 110? :angel:

·
Hi
4,481 Posts
Re: Re: 4 Yahoos versus GIANT metal sign post

VinceTopasBlau3 said:
Ok Stuka, for the DV trip, you are assigned behind Dave's Ford Windstar. :eeps: And no overtaking... :lmao: :lmao:

Am planning on SpeedVentures Sept 20th Buttonwillow event. (Raffi, give me another day and I will sign up!!!):p
:lmao: :lmao:

Vince, you have exactly one more day to sign up! :D :D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts