BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm a speck away from 50K miles on my 2008 M3. Anyone out there have more?
I was wondering about aftermarket suppliers for filters (oil, cabin air), oil (Turner Motorsports has it I know) and how the others are holding up. I think I have a way to reset the service indicators without a scan tool, but I haven't tried it yet. The only real problem I have is a low whine that starts up with any hard left turn, or even after going over a decent speed-bump. The whine isn't speed dependant at all; entirely RPM dependant (power steering?) Once it starts, it continues for quite a while.

·
Registered
555 Posts
Wow...50K...amazing. Do you live in your car...he he. The whine does sound like a power steering problem. Anything that might need fixing soon, take it in before the warranty runs out. At least that way you have it on record that it was a problem before 50K. My M3 Coupe just turned 1 year old 2 days ago and I have a whopping 2300 miles...yep, I need to get out more.

·
Make Their Ass Quit!
1,281 Posts
Holy crap, you're doing some drivin'! Mine turned a year old Oct 31 and I only have 9k on it. BTW, how many sets of tires have you gone through and did you stay with the Pilot Sports?

·
Registered
84 Posts
My M3 Coupe just turned 1 year old 2 days ago and I have a whopping 2300 miles.
Mine has 2,250 :D. But now that my daughter is away for college, I plan to pick her up and drop her off on the M3 as many times as possible (900-mile round trip), starting in Thanksgiving, so I should pass you quickly (weather permitting):thumbup:.

·
Make Their Ass Quit!
1,281 Posts
Mine has 2,250 :D. But now that my daughter is away for college, I plan to pick her up and drop her off on the M3 as many times as possible (900-mile round trip), starting in Thanksgiving, so I should pass you quickly (weather permitting):thumbup:.
That's what puts most of the miles on my car. My daughter attends Alabama and I go to every home football game and some of the away games. Then there's the miscellaneous trips down there for other things. I was at the LSU game last weekend and we were stuck in traffic on Bryant Drive, about a block from the stadium, and college kids hangin out on their front porch yelled to me that they loved my M3. Definitely put a smile on my face. :)

·
Stuck in Monday
2,766 Posts
I've had my car for a little over a year, and I thought my 13,000 miles was a lot. Family health issues have me putting in a lot of weekend highway miles recently. I haven't had a single issue with this car yet.

·
Stuck in Monday
2,766 Posts
I' m coming up on 13K, My rear tires are looking a little worse for wear. Otherwise, the car has been excellent. Anybody else needing to replace tires at or about 15K??
I have a little over 13k and I need to replace my rears asap. I'm babying the car while I wait for my new, slightly wider, wheels to arrive in the next few weeks. I'll be replacing the PS2s with Vredestein Ultrac Sessantas. Not real well known here in the U.S., but they beat out the PS2s quite handily in a recent EVO test, and have gotten great reviews from those who have tried them. Oh, and they cost a little more than half what the PS2s will run you.

·
Registered
372 Posts
I have a little over 13k and I need to replace my rears asap. I'm babying the car while I wait for my new, slightly wider, wheels to arrive in the next few weeks. I'll be replacing the PS2s with Vredestein Ultrac Sessantas. Not real well known here in the U.S., but they beat out the PS2s quite handily in a recent EVO test, and have gotten great reviews from those who have tried them. Oh, and they cost a little more than half what the PS2s will run you.
The middle of the tire is still fine, it s the outer edge that has worn. How about yours?

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I got good mileage from my PS2s, but I didn't want to put those back on. I had great results from Goodyear Eagle F1s on my 530 Sport, so I went with the Assymetrics for my second set on the M. I like them every bit as well as the PS2s, and they're a little quieter as they've worn.

·
Registered
940 Posts
I have the M3 E90 on order and would very much like your veiws on this replacement tyre for my future perchases, please give use some feed-back.:thumbup:

·
Outside looking in
6,325 Posts
I bought Hankook Evos, about 50% cost of Michelins and can hardly tell the difference on the road or the track. They are a harder compound, so should last a little longer. MY PS2's lasted about 10K. I have 14K in 8 months...I just can't stop driving...

·
Stuck in Monday
2,766 Posts
I have the M3 E90 on order and would very much like your veiws on this replacement tyre for my future perchases, please give use some feed-back.:thumbup:
They'll be installed early next month. I'll keep you guys posted with my impressions from on and off the track.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts