BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
15,712 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
highlights of the G30 5 Series

The much anticipated G30 5 Series is the 7th generation 5 Series and set to land at US dealers in February 2017 as a 2017 Model Year. With so much information on the 5 Series to take in we put together a best hits of what you can expect from your next BMW 5 Series.

• The new BMW 5 Series model range is the seventh generation of the world's most successful business sedan.
  • Dynamically stretched silhouette, eye-catching front end. Slight increase in exterior dimensions - 1.2 inches longer than the outgoing model 0.3 inches wider and 0.6 inches taller, 0.2 inches longer wheelbase. The increase size gives a generous feeling of space with greater head and legroom in the rear and more trunk space.
  • BMW EfficientLightweight lightweight construction concept lowers the vehicle weight by up to 137 pounds over the outgoing model.
  • The new 5 Series is BMW's most aerodynamically efficient model range. A drag coefficient as low as Cd = 0.22 sets the sedan benchmark.
  • Newly designed chassis with new damper technology and lightweight braking system. Driving dynamics unmatched in its class, thanks to features including BMW xDrive intelligent all-wheel drive and Integral Active Steering.
  • Enhanced efficiency, with fuel consumption down by as much as 12 percent.

• Launching on February 11th 2017 with two B family engine variants in 530i an 540i trim. Rear-wheel drive or BMW xDrive intelligent all-wheel drive are available at launch.
  • Twin turbo V8 M550i, a diesel powered 535d and a hybrid 530e iPerformance are coming along in March.
  • All models send their power as standard through an eight-speed Steptronic automatic transmission with optimised internal efficiency and a gear-change strategy assisted by navigation data.
  • Exceptional display/operating concept; latest-generation iDrive system with 10.25-inch touchscreen. Vehicle systems operated using the Controller, touchscreen, voice commands or BMW gesture control. Large control "tiles" display the content of the underlying menus in constantly updated form and can be arranged as the user desires.
  • Full-color third-generation BMW Head-Up Display with 70 per cent larger, high-resolution projection surface.
  • Extensive portfolio of assistance systems represents another step towards automated driving. The Steering and Lane Keeping Assistant, for example, works at up to 130 mph. Other new assistance functions are Lane Change Assistant and Intelligent Speed Assist, the evasion aid, Crossing traffic warning, Priority warning and Lane Keeping Assistant with active side collision protection. Networked BMW vehicles flag approaching dangers.

• Display Key enables functions such as remote-controlled parking to facilitate the use of very tight parking spaces.
  • Benchmark connectivity with extensive BMW ConnectedDrive technology, including BMW Connected Onboard. Services such as OnStreet Parking Information (OSPI) and ParkNow help users search for a parking space.
  • LED daytime driving lights, and LED dipped/high beam headlights come as standard. Adaptive LED Headlights with variable light distribution and
  • New interior acoustic concept including sound absorbers integrated into the headliner and acoustic glazing for the windscreen.
  • Electric seat adjustment using touch-sensitive sensors. Optional multifunction seat with 20 air chambers offers eight massage programs.
  • Optional Bowers & Wilkins Diamond surround sound system with diamond dome tweeters, brilliant sound quality and 1,400 watts of output.
  • Fully wireless integration of smartphones via inductive charging, Apple CarPlay and a WiFi connection for up to 10 devices.

What more information about the 2017 5 Series? Read the full press release

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
Can we get some definitive info about "Full Adaptive LED Headlights" for US cars? Would these offer anti-glare high-beam where the camera detects other cars on the road and splits the high-beam to avoid glaring other cars on road?

·
Registered
177 Posts
Can we get some definitive info about "Full Adaptive LED Headlights" for US cars? Would these offer anti-glare high-beam where the camera detects other cars on the road and splits the high-beam to avoid glaring other cars on road?
Yes, that's how it works (similar to the new E-Class' headlights). I saw a video posted on twitter by BMW showing that feature off. Try this link: https://twitter.com/BMW/status/793739627639242752

·
Registered
2021 M8 Comp GC, 2017 540xi
37 Posts
Apple Car Play

BMW is the first carmaker to integrate Apple CarPlay completely wirelessly.

Does that mean w/ the competition so far you need to plug some kind of cable between the phone and the car? W/ the G30 it is wireless, no cables. Is it BT?

·
Registered
2021 M8 Comp GC, 2017 540xi
37 Posts
Dealer Demo HEA Cars

Thanks.

Another question. I've received an invitation to "High Performance Night" at my nearest BMW dealer this week (actually the parent which also owns Acura, Jaguar and Audi dealerships) This is not the dealer where I bought my current 2011 535xi. I buy when the body style changes so this is the time. Would be nice to look at or at least schedule a test drive w/ the new G30 dealer demo cars while I'm there. Any update as to when the HEA cars are scheduled to arrive at dealers?

Being there this week, any of the above competition you recommend I look at vs the G30 540xi?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.