BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there,

I did car wash the other day so it's so clean and beautiful.

We went a Costco to buy some stuff and I noticed a cart smack into the rear of my new 2011 E90 328i so the rear bumper got scratched. Aah... that's bad it's only 2500 miles on it :(

I have the wear and tear protection coverages so it will be under that cover. However, I hope that any shoppers would operate a shopping cart well.

·
energetik9
2,361 Posts
Avoid the cart return areas, avoid the downhill areas, and avoid anything that smacks of "family". i.e. minivans.

And yes.....Costco says it all.

Sorry about the damage.

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
It has to be one of the worst feelings to come out of a store and find a cart bashed into your car(not to mention after taking every possible parking precaution beforehand)...and my wife thinks I'm crazy when I push abandon shopping carts back to the collection area, and they aren't even mine.

·
Don't Judge Me!
4,429 Posts
May I suggest park at Wal-Mart or Target and walk to Costco? :D
Costco is the worst place....Everyone there are looking and fighting for a good deal. I don't think they care about your sexy E90.
There are so many stories about Mall, Supermarket,Costco that car got keyed, door ding, rock, scratch etc. Doesn't matter where you park it is going to happen.
I'm one of those anal parkers that park my as far away from the crowd as possible. :(
Maybe for the next trip to Costco, send your wife or girlfriend to go shop inside while you watching your car?
I know many friends who get disabled parking badges...so they can park their car with "more room" all around.

v
v
All BMW :) Wait...That black 328i look familia :rofl::rofl:

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you for all your inputs.

Parking my car in a safe location is a daily ritual and a mission.
I totally agree with you and same here.

It has to be one of the worst feelings to come out of a store and find a cart bashed into your car(not to mention after taking every possible parking precaution beforehand)...and my wife thinks I'm crazy when I push abandon shopping carts back to the collection area, and they aren't even mine.
Yeah, I know that's what I am doing since I got my BMW hehe....:D

·
Registered
3,576 Posts
May I suggest park at Wal-Mart or Target and walk to Costco? :D
Costco is the worst place....Everyone there are looking and fighting for a good deal. I don't think they care about your sexy E90.
There are so many stories about Mall, Supermarket,Costco that car got keyed, door ding, rock, scratch etc. Doesn't matter where you park it is going to happen.
I'm one of those anal parkers that park my as far away from the crowd as possible. :(
Maybe for the next trip to Costco, send your wife or girlfriend to go shop inside while you watching your car?
I know many friends who get disabled parking badges...so they can park their car with "more room" all around.

v
v
All BMW :) Wait...That black 328i look familia :rofl::rofl:

Most Costco's have lots of nice/expensive cars in the lots. Not sure where you get "fighting for a deal" either? Have you been to Costco? Anyway, just like anywhere else, park further away and away from cart racks. Sorry OP, I feel your pain!

·
Registered
110 Posts
I love it. I thought I was the only crazy one parking miles away from the closest car, at the high point of the parking lot and pushing carts that are left abandoned in the parking lot. All in the name of a ding free car. 16 months and still like new but it is work.

·
Don't Judge Me!
4,429 Posts
Most Costco's have lots of nice/expensive cars in the lots. Not sure where you get "fighting for a deal" either? Have you been to Costco? Anyway, just like anywhere else, park further away and away from cart racks. Sorry OP, I feel your pain!
With all the saving, Of coz they can have the nice/expensive car.
I like Costco, I am glad Costco is in business but hate shopping there.

"For me" and again......FOR ME

A hugh line up for gas at Costco, waiting in line with basket full = fighting for a deal :D

I bet you if you ask anyone why do they like to shop at Costco.

Bill-SD : Hi Jack, Why do you shop at Costco?
Jack : Oh because I love free samples of food, cheap gas, I can buy 100 toilet papers to stock up until x'mas, cheap food and Advil for my wife that she can take until our BMW lease expires.

Jack, Jill, Brenda or Pamela will not say, I shop there because of high ceiling makes me breath better...right?

All I can say....

http://www.peopleofcostco.com/

·
The Real Housewife
476 Posts
a scratch at 2500 miles??? that really sucks. :(

as for me, the only reason i don't take my e90 when i go to costco is because of the fact that i have a hard time fitting all the paper towel and frozen junk i buy in the trunk. :)

·
Registered
3,576 Posts
With all the saving, Of coz they can have the nice/expensive car.
I like Costco, I am glad Costco is in business but hate shopping there.

"For me" and again......FOR ME

A hugh line up for gas at Costco, waiting in line with basket full = fighting for a deal :D

I bet you if you ask anyone why do they like to shop at Costco.

Bill-SD : Hi Jack, Why do you shop at Costco?
Jack : Oh because I love free samples of food, cheap gas, I can buy 100 toilet papers to stock up until x'mas, cheap food and Advil for my wife that she can take until our BMW lease expires.

Jack, Jill, Brenda or Pamela will not say, I shop there because of high ceiling makes me breath better...right?

All I can say....

http://www.peopleofcostco.com/
Quite the story teller.

·
Original Owners Club
501 Posts
Problem solved - always takes the wifes mini-SUV to Costco, you'll need to room for all your paper towels and TP :) And, looking at the positive side, now that you've got your first scratch, you can sleep better at night and not have years of agonizing worry over when you are going to get it!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Problem solved - always takes the wifes mini-SUV to Costco, you'll need to room for all your paper towels and TP :) And, looking at the positive side, now that you've got your first scratch, you can sleep better at night and not have years of agonizing worry over when you are going to get it!
Yep, I know what you mean as you said that I've got first scratch so I can sleep better. My wife's car 2010 MINI COOPER S still scratch free though.

·
Registered
811 Posts
That sucks. About a month ago when I got my mtech bumper for my e39 was the day some idiot thought it would be funny to kick it in. My brand new bumper was cracked up and was in pieces. Now, I always park my car in a place so I can always have an eye on it.

·
Registered
334 Posts
My wife parks her minivan as close to the entrance at Costco as she can and it looks like it's been attacked by a starving lion, with scratch marks all over it, including a green scar in a dent where someone raked the side of the van with their bumper. I don't know what it is about Costco shoppers, but they don't care how much damage they cause. On a busy day, the lot is full of shopping carts left in all over the place.

I park my BMW as far as I can from the entrance where there is an open area with nothing around it. I also try to avoid peak shopping times when people are in a hurry and less likely to take the time to put their carts in the fenced areas in the lots.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.