BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys,

Today morning i woke up and experienced my worst nightmare, some1 had hit my car on the right front fender side. It has such a big dent that i think i need to replace my fender. I got this aftermarket fender really cheap for like $75.

I just wanted to know whether anyone of you has tried aftermarket fender? How do they fit?

and how easy is it to replace a fender?? any DIY?

FYI, OEM fender is like $500.... :(

· Premium Member
8,157 Posts
Here is the deal on repros: Most are crap, they will be equal in cost to oem, due to all the labor involved in getting them to fit correctly and look right. Regardless, they are usually of thinner, poorer quality steel, and do not have the same quality of surface treatment/rust prevenative. Bottom line. Consult an expert, and see if your fender is salvageable. If it is not, bite the bullet and get new, or in the alternative, a good condition used one.

· Premium Member
31,398 Posts

· Premium Member
31,398 Posts
no doubt time of the month, guy asked about issues regarding install, and fitment, not where to find em. YOUR A WINNER
It is either:
YOU'RE A WINNER, or
YOUR WINNER.

Now what were you trying to say?

mw

· livin the 'Fest
4,377 Posts
Here is the deal on repros: Most are crap, they will be equal in cost to oem, due to all the labor involved in getting them to fit correctly and look right. Regardless, they are usually of thinner, poorer quality steel, and do not have the same quality of surface treatment/rust prevenative. Bottom line. Consult an expert, and see if your fender is salvageable. If it is not, bite the bullet and get new, or in the alternative, a good condition used one.
this is not so true any more. they are to be oe quilaty in order to sell the parts. they fit correctly now adays, and most insurance comps. use more aftermarket parts than you think. besides i have one on my car it fitted perfectly. along with aftermarket hood.
but it's funny, most of us buy aftermarket angle eye headlights, and the m5 cover from ddm, and tail lights, and no seems to have a problem with those fitting.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.