BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

· Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On Sunday I visited my best friend's church. When I came out this is what I found in the parking lot. There was no note, no other cars around and the assailant was long gone. Now I have to take her to the hospital and use my own health insurance to cover her injuries along with paying the deductible. My poor baby's face has been disfigured...my heart aches.

Attachments

· Registered
5,699 Posts
Bummer. Maybe go back to the church & ask the congregation for support/eye witnesses? That was quite blow, maybe resulting in identifiable scars on the opposing car? g/l

· Registered
2,510 Posts
That's just awful ....... security cams in the parking lot?

Body shops do wonders and you will soon be like new:thumbup: but out your deductible:thumbdwn:

I hope the church visit did your "assailant" some good .... they need it ......

· Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I asked about security cameras and was told there were none. I'm contacting the pastor so he can make an inquiry on Sunday morning. I'm definitely going back to look for Blackberry blood on every car/truck in the lot. This week can't be over soon enough. I am thankful it didn't do any mechanical damage though.

· wooohooo
2,911 Posts
Ouch! Glad that no mechanical damage occurred, it's only the bumper right, hood is fine and all?

Impact seems high? A hard metal bumper on a truck rear ending it perhaps?

I've been hit and run, but thankfully I caught the plate number at the time.

I imagine with the replacement you will be getting rid of that plate. Might I suggest some "clear" side reflectors, I think they would go very well with the Barbera.

· Registered
243 Posts
Do you have Uninsured Motorists coverage on your insurance ? That'll take care of hit and runs, with lower deductibles. I don't know the rules in your state, but up here in Washington, you have to report a hit and run to the police within 24 hrs, and get a report, so you can claim it under the UM

· wooohooo
2,911 Posts
Do you have Uninsured Motorists coverage on your insurance ? That'll take care of hit and runs, with lower deductibles. I don't know the rules in your state, but up here in Washington, you have to report a hit and run to the police within 24 hrs, and get a report, so you can claim it under the UM
Hey that's a good point to bring up, I only recently added that to my coverage because it was so cheap. (On a tangential note, I still continually fail to contact my ins regarding windshield coverage, as I hear it's probably just a few bucks on the year.) Thank you for the tip regarding the possible need to report within 24 hours, will store that in the memory banks.

· Registered
316 Posts
I'm sorry to see that!

But don't worry, a good body shop will have it fixed as good as new. If you have any rock chips, they could get those out to your better even. It's hard to believe the hypocrites who go to church sometimes.

· Registered
243 Posts
Your windshield is covered under your comprehensive part of your policy. If your deductible is high ($500-1000) you can add the windshield endorsement, it is fairly cheap. If you're at 250 or so, I'd leave it the way it is, since even the windshield endorsement will still need $100 ded for a new windshield (fixes are free) It's up to you depending on how how much you drive and where, how likely is it to get a rock in your windshield

· Not Here Anymore
5,311 Posts
I asked about security cameras and was told there were none. I'm contacting the pastor so he can make an inquiry on Sunday morning. I'm definitely going back to look for Blackberry blood on every car/truck in the lot. This week can't be over soon enough. I am thankful it didn't do any mechanical damage though.
I'm surprised in this era of rear view, top view, go pro, etc cameras that a car manufacturer hasn't built a crash view camera option. Something that is continuously recording and when a bump is detected it saves a minute or two worth of video for later viewing. It should be easy to build something with a 360 degree view.

· Registered
7,119 Posts
Those who did this to you will go straight to hell.

"Nothing evil will be allowed to enter, nor anyone who practices shameful idolatry and dishonesty***8212;but only those whose names
are written in the Lamb***8217;s Book of Life."
Revelation 21:27 (NLT)

· Registered
2,510 Posts
Hey that's a good point to bring up, I only recently added that to my coverage because it was so cheap. (On a tangential note, I still continually fail to contact my ins regarding windshield coverage, as I hear it's probably just a few bucks on the year.) Thank you for the tip regarding the possible need to report within 24 hours, will store that in the memory banks.
The downside to a police report is that will get stored and picked up by CarFax .... diminished value will haunt you when you sell or trade ..... I'd consider not reporting it unless your insurance company requires it. Laws are different in each state but if they do require it then they need to pay you for diminished value now.

· wooohooo
2,911 Posts
The downside to a police report is that will get stored and picked up by CarFax .... diminished value will haunt you when you sell or trade ..... I'd consider not reporting it unless your insurance company requires it. Laws are different in each state but if they do require it then they need to pay you for diminished value now.
And another good point. I suppose it's a case by case scenario, and in mine, the value of a ~15 yo car won't be the most important thing to me I think, so I'd rather have the $1k up front (or however much it would end up being).

GroupBQuattro, thanks for the clarification on that. (My comp used to have the lowest deductible at first, now I have it at the highest.)

· Registered
4,538 Posts
lol good luck with that! If someone came forward now they could actually be charged with hit & run (at least in my state) so I'd never come back lol even if I felt bad I did it :p although I'd just leave a note in the first place.

· Banned
10,511 Posts
On Sunday I visited my best friend's church. When I came out this is what I found in the parking lot. There was no note, no other cars around and the assailant was long gone. Now I have to take her to the hospital and use my own health insurance to cover her injuries along with paying the deductible. My poor baby's face has been disfigured...my heart aches.
Your ride unmonitored and vulnerable -- do not go there my son!

God helps those who help themselves!

· Registered
32 Posts
Man that sucks, and its way more than your typical door ding which still gets me hot under the collar. Instead of attending church service I would be spending every service for the upcoming future searching the parking lot. Whoever did that has some damage and possibly some red paint on their bumper. Your probably looking for a pickup or SUV judging by the height.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.