Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have read a lot of the archives here and on .org and could not find this problem addressed. Pls help...

Seems as if the HK speaker is distorting on the right front passenger side. Anyone else have this problem / fix?

Thanks in advance!

Mike

02 330Ci

·
The Original Dr. Phil
10,985 Posts
Is it a constant rattle?

If so you probably have a loose brace/bracket, bad speaker or the standard HK problem (need foam or velcro fix).

If the rattle is not constant, which is my case, it could be a bad speaker. But after replacing mine, the tech and I narrowed the problem down to a specific frequency range using their diagnostic CD that runs through all the bands. Further investigation found that the rattle was actually from some plastic parts inside the door skin and looseness of the ring around the speaker. It was fixed once by tightening parts, inserting foam (or whatever they used) in the door skin and repeating the test process til all items were taped/tightened/foamed.

But after ~ 2 months the problem has reappeared. So this time (and I'm still waitng for all the parts) the dealer is going to replace all of the parts that were loose/rattling and in affect re-assembling the entire inner door skin. I offered to let them pay for a dynomat/speaker upgrade package, but the service mgr was :lmao: too much to answer.

Bottom line...........have speaker checked and ask them to pull door lining to see if that alleviates the rattle. Good luck :)

·
Davis? cows?...what cows?
91 Posts
I have the same problem... PM 325xiT .... did u get everything done under warranty ?

·
The Original Dr. Phil
10,985 Posts
asura0s9 said:
I have the same problem... PM 325xiT .... did u get everything done under warranty ?
Absolutely..........car is only 4 months old so no questions what so ever:)

If it becomes a recurring problem email me (once I post fix is complete) and I'll share all the parts, etc. required to get the job done.

·
Formerly CCs328Ci
1,460 Posts
One of these years bmw will realize HK is not all that and fix rattles and clips and etc. We may all be dead, but the next century guys can enjoy it :lmao: BTW, I had my speakers replaced, that was not actually the problem. Once the bmw rep totally reassembled my door and tightened it up with foam, velcro and all, its ok now. :D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts