BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have found that a BMW is like a box of chocolates, you never know what you're gunna get.

I wanted to rewire the turn on for the Bazooka so it was switched with the head unit, so the hunt began. I wanted switched 12v (but no need for current as this was not for supply voltage) and close to my Bazooka install; the left side of the trunk. I found it!

I pulled the HK wire harness from the amp (0) by pushing (1) and pulling down on (2).

Then as (2) is pulled down, (3) raises up releasing the connector from the amp (0).

Then after metering all the pins on the connector I found that the 4th pin (4) on the gray strip (5) had 12v switched by the head unit. (note that the power is 12v but very low current, this should not be used as a power sources)

The I removed (5) from the connector pack by pressing (6) and pulling it out as seen by (7)

Here it is removed:

I then found the 4th pin wire (8)

And followed it up the harness cable a bit and spliced in for my remote turn on switch (10) (note (9) is the chassis ground if you were wondering)

Well, that was a fun project. :confused:

·
King of Rear Clunks
12,903 Posts
You DO know that this is well-documented, right? Pin 10, grey connector, white wire. :D

I have a wiring harness that plugs into the stock amp harness, even.

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Kaz said:
You DO know that this is well-documented, right? Pin 10, grey connector, white wire. :D

I have a wiring harness that plugs into the stock amp harness, even.
Ummm, no i didn't... UGH :mad: well, I didnt have anything else to do between 11:00 and 11:30 this morning :p and it is kindda fun to get in there and dig and learn.

·
The Original Dr. Phil
10,985 Posts
Still trying to figure out if I can mount one of those babies in the back of the wagon w/out it looking like crap:dunno: And so I can pop it out from time to time.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.