BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
King of Rear Clunks
12,903 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This last thread by iiotoko got me thinking.

Am I the only RWD wagon owner here? I think everyone else is a xiT driver... :dunno:

·
The Original Dr. Phil
10,985 Posts

·
Registered
595 Posts
kaz: wasn't my choice to make.

i would have opted for the RWD wagon with snows, but mrs. blackdawg really wanted AWD.

actually, if they made a 540 6 speed wagon (do they?) or a 530iT 5 speed, that would have been my choice.

·
I like cookies.
18,102 Posts
PM 325xiT said:

Nate what is this link to do:confused:

Kaz I think you might be one of the few for sure, the only exceptions I can think of is Patrick (diesel though) and Jeff_DML.
Damn, the link changes when someone is the last poster in the forum. It was intended to be to Jeff...

·
The Original Dr. Phil
10,985 Posts
Jeff_DML said:
sorry to burst your bubble but I have a RWD wagon:yikes:

jeff
That's what I meant:confused: You are an exception to the xiTs.

·
King of Rear Clunks
12,903 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I've noticed that all the 01 wagons I've seen on local lots have VINs starting with ET, whereas mine is EN. Jon's 01 VIN decoder shows that they're both valid iT VIN ranges, but I've yet to be able to figure out if there's a distinction between them, like AT vs MT or RWD vs AWD. :dunno:

·
Registered
561 Posts
My VIN starts with EN also... so it's not AWD/RWD.

Kaz said:
I've noticed that all the 01 wagons I've seen on local lots have VINs starting with ET, whereas mine is EN. Jon's 01 VIN decoder shows that they're both valid iT VIN ranges, but I've yet to be able to figure out if there's a distinction between them, like AT vs MT or RWD vs AWD. :dunno:

·
10,856 Posts
Re: kaz: wasn't my choice to make.

blackdawg said:
i would have opted for the RWD wagon with snows, but mrs. blackdawg really wanted AWD.

actually, if they made a 540 6 speed wagon (do they?) or a 530iT 5 speed, that would have been my choice.
If BMW sold either of those in this country (preferabl the 530), I would be driving one right now.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Here also!!!

I need to take new pics.

·
E30,840i,F80 M3comp,640GT
1,094 Posts
Rear clears?

sdwolff said:
Here also!!!

I need to take new pics.

Stephen,
Would you post pics of the rear of your wagon so we can see [admire] your aero kit? Also, do you have clears in the back of the wagon?

Thanks

325xit...somewhere in port, or if I'm lucky, the VPC.[/I]

·
OMGWTFBBQ
11,262 Posts
Kaz said:
This last thread by iiotoko got me thinking.

Am I the only RWD wagon owner here? I think everyone else is a xiT driver... :dunno:
As of the end of July, there were 673 iT sales YTD vs. 1108 xiT sales YTD. However, for the month of July there were 184 iT sales vs 111 xiT.

The month to month figures are interesting.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Here are the old ones. I'll try to get new ones soon.

·
doh!!!
3,188 Posts
sdwolff, I like your Tanin Red Leather :thumbup: , too bad they dont offer it anymore. I would of liked Tanin Red with my steel gray.

Comment on the side thread, too bad no manual 530iT and 540iT in the states :( . We test drove a 525iT 5-speed and it was very nice but a bit expensive and slower so 325iT for us.

Randomly I just looked in the back of the latest Car this morning and verified that you can buy a 540iT 6-speed in England.

Jeff

·
OMGWTFBBQ
11,262 Posts
Jeff_DML said:
Comment on the side thread, too bad no manual 530iT and 540iT in the states :( . We test drove a 525iT 5-speed and it was very nice but a bit expensive and slower so 325iT for us.
the 3.0L engine in the 3er tourings would be nice too. I suspect that most on this board would have opted for the 3.0L if it was available no matter whether RWD or AWD.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.