BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
81 - 100 of 104 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Another week goes by so I checked the status again with my CA. It has not been released to trucking yet. I hope I will see the car again by the end of next week. Maybe I am just dreaming...

·
Registered
44 Posts
I feel for ya, acarv. Being so much further from the prep center would be a real drag. I hope your car shows up soon.

For me, it still appears to be sitting in the prep center. No word yet on when I can expect it to make its way north.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Just got word from my dealer that they just started working on my car at the processing facility today. I'm guessing that means I probably won't see it before the long weekend.

·
Registered
12 Posts
So today I found out the d is on a truck and should be here tonight or tomorrow morning. This is great news as I might be able to pick it up tomorrow.

·
Registered
44 Posts
So today I found out the d is on a truck and should be here tonight or tomorrow morning. This is great news as I might be able to pick it up tomorrow.
That's awesome! Sounds like you may be the first of us to actually get your car! Make sure to post pictures once you get her back :)

·
Registered
123 Posts
Quick question. I just talked to my CA he printed out a screen from dealerspeed. The status says At Final Processing Center. Also has Arrive at VPC: Estimated 8/24/10 (date ship docked) Actual 9/2/10

So is it in customs still or at the VPC?

Do you guys know what your dealerspeed screen has?

·
Registered
44 Posts
Quick question. I just talked to my CA he printed out a screen from dealerspeed. The status says At Final Processing Center. Also has Arrive at VPC: Estimated 8/24/10 (date ship docked) Actual 9/2/10

So is it in customs still or at the VPC?

Do you guys know what your dealerspeed screen has?
Sounds like you are actually at the VPC. If you weren't, it would still say you were waiting for customs.

Did you take ED of your vehicle? Or was this just a custom order? Custom orders tend to whip their way through customs much faster than ED vehicles, as the car remains in known hands up until shipping and can be electronically cleared through customs while en route.

·
Registered
123 Posts
I did ED. My ship docked the 24. Well heres to hoping i'll meet the estimated 9/7 delivery. If its true sorry for cutting you guys in the customs line.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Congrats on getting the car, man!

I was bummed to find out that mine showed up at the VPC on 8/25, and apparently sat there until 8/30 before they started working on it :-\

·
Registered
44 Posts
Mine is also still at the VPC. We had some very minor damage to the rims and tires while we were in Germany (just some curb rash) and so they're replacing a couple of them. Seems it's taking the VPC a bit longer than usual to get those parts.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Yikes... I just called the ED peoples. Off boat 8/24 To Customs 9/2... in Customs now. I wonder what my car was doing for a week after it got off the boat if it didn't go to customs.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Yikes... I just called the ED peoples. Off boat 8/24 To Customs 9/2... in Customs now. I wonder what my car was doing for a week after it got off the boat if it didn't go to customs.
The ships offload an insane number of cars. This doesn't sound like a timeframe that's outside of the usual delays when a limited number of humans have to process thousands of cars.

·
Registered
3,737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #99 ·
Car is finally here. Pix in a couple of hours! (Call off the protests and picket signs.)

2 hours later:

Not quite DOA but close -- trying emergency life support.
Further updates to follow.

(mobile)

81 - 100 of 104 Posts