BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
I'm a Mac
17,699 Posts
Let me see if I've got this straight--you're all getting jizzed up over some stupid GM throw-back to the 70's era of Detroit muscle cars, but yet none of you want to give the new G35 the time of day?

I wonder what the weight distribution of this new POS from Australia will be...?

·
I'm a Mac
17,699 Posts
Not to mention the inherent benefits of owning a GM product and getting treated with the level of refinement that only Chevrolet (even as a C5 owner, you still get treated like crapola) can deliver. And let's not overlook the fact that customer service is important, since the car will be in the shop every other week (unlike a certain 280hp, 6-speed, RWD, upstart loaded, with LSD, for around $35k we all know about).

BTW, I've never owned an Infiniti, but friends who have friggen' RAVE about Infiniti's customer service (puts BMW's to shame).

·
I'm a Mac
17,699 Posts
From today's (3-28-02) USAT:

GM already has high-performance coupes - Chevrolet Camaro and Pontiac Firebird - but those sell poorly and are being discontinued. Lutz said there are "no short- or medium-term plans to bring either of those cars back."

Australian cars have fared poorly in U.S. quality surveys, and automakers have mostly abandoned the idea of selling Aussie buggies in the USA. An exception is the U.S. version of the Mitsubishi Diamante, which is built in Australia. In the latest J.D. Power and Associates initial quality study, the Diamante had 179 problems per 100 vehicles, worse than the industry average of 147 per 100.

think you had problems with bad auxiliary fans? you ain't seen nuthin' yet...

maybe your local pontiac dealer will be happy to throw another shrimp on the barbie for you while you're dropping off your silly holden for the umteenth time...oh, and i'll bet the re-sale on those little "Aussie buggies" is pretty swell too.

http://www.usatoday.com/money/mear.htm

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.