BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
King of Rear Clunks
12,903 Posts
I'd like to know what Holden quality is like. Who knows, it could be just as reliable as a real Pontiac. :rolleyes:

·
King of Rear Clunks
12,903 Posts
ALEX325i said:

I agree. I don't know if I gave the wrong impression when I quoted Kaz's post, but I'm actually glad that GM is bringing that car to the US. It shows that somebody finally realized that something was terribly wrong with their current offerings, which IMO are uninspiring at best (except the C5, of course)...

Anyway, while that Holden certainly is no M, I'm pretty sure it's a lot of car for 30K...
I don't disagree that bringing Holdens (especially the HSV varieties) to the US is a good, and long-neglected idea. I chalked it up to plain GM stupidity when I first learned that GM made a Catera with a Z28 drivetrain and didn't sell it here. I was just trying to say that I wouldn't expect some magical all-around piece of work, since Holden quality is unknown in the US.

FWIW, my family owns 1 Japan-made, 1 Australia-made and 2 US made Mitsubishis (now 1 since I sold my Galant), and the Aussie car squarely falls in between the others in terms of quality/reliability.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.