BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
into things retro
4,541 Posts
look at the white car behind the orange BMW

That will tell where the influence comes from.

I have got to start taking my camera with me everywhere in SoCal.

Last week it was the Acura with the M3 side gills on it.
This morning there was a freakin' Hyundai all modded up with the painted calipers, chrome rear wing, custom paint, custom interior, etc. :tsk:

·
into things retro
4,541 Posts
I may have take back everything I ever said about hideous cars. Now that were doing more race car liveries, I'm starting to do some 'colorful' things myself :eeps:

Stage 1

Stage 2 (that bright color is Flourescent Red/Orange)

·
^yup, it's me^
2,215 Posts
I may have take back everything I ever said about hideous cars. Now that were doing more race car liveries, I'm starting to do some 'colorful' things myself :eeps:

Stage 1

Stage 2 (that bright color is Flourescent Red/Orange)

Thing is, that fluorescent orange makes sense in the rear but quite frankly you need a better angle on the front. If you're gonna do it go all out and quit being so conservative. Yeah the front follows the vinyl but should really evoke more movement after that. The white looks like the side of a cow the way you have it now. You have my number should you choose to go at it again.

·
into things retro
4,541 Posts
Thing is, that fluorescent orange makes sense in the rear but quite frankly you need a better angle on the front. If you're gonna do it go all out and quit being so conservative. Yeah the front follows the vinyl but should really evoke more movement after that. The white looks like the side of a cow the way you have it now. You have my number should you choose to go at it again.
We may re-do the hood - it was a first cut at it. We didn't know exactly what sponsor decals would be on the hood to avoid. Hard to tell in that shot, but the front of the orange band on the hood has more curve to it than the back edge. We would have needed a wider roll of white (we used 24") to go further foward with it. I think they make it in 30".

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.