BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I am new to this forum so if it looks like I am confused, most likely I am.

I am looking to find out how to remove the old flaked off hood emblem and replace it with a new one. Any suggestions?
Thanks,
Palin3

·
Speed is Zen
9,754 Posts
Hi, I am new to this forum so if it looks like I am confused, most likely I am.

I am looking to find out how to remove the old flaked off hood emblem and replace it with a new one. Any suggestions?
Thanks,
Palin3
microfiber towel and a screwdriver. It just prys out. Just dont have my luck, where some numnuts broke it, and glued it back to the paint.

But the chances are pretty low, just order a new one and swap em out.

·
Ich liebe mein BMW
3,775 Posts

·
got something nicer?
417 Posts
I just did this on my whip. I tried one of the removal methods that recommended using dental floss to slide under the roundel and lift up. Good luck with that!

I slid a plastic putty knife under the roundel and pried it up with a screwdriver using the putty knife to protect the hood. Of course, the post from the roundel broke off in the original rubber grommet so I had to use a drill to bore it out.

Parts from bavarian autosport (don't forget new grommets!)

·
Registered
141 Posts
I just replaced mine today. I took an old credit card and got that between the emblem and the hood, then I took the thinnest screwdriver I had and worked it between the cc and the emblem. (this keeps from scratching the paint or denting the hood) Work it all the way around popping it up a little bit at a time and it will come right off. I bought my OEM BMW 82mm Hood Emblem "Roundel" on Ebay. The OEM p/n is 51148132375 (ebay item# 260393865220) user bavariancreation has an Ebay store where he sells these for only 19 bucks, this includes free 1st class shipping. You just can't beat that price! He carries them for almost every make and model bimmer. He also carries the carbon fiber style as well. I think those ran about 35 bucks. You can get the cheaper from other places online, but most of them don't come with the replacement black rubber grommets that help to hold it firmly onto the hood, but this guy includes them with your emblem. Good luck! It definitely made my car look 100% better!

One more thing....the ones that bavariancreation sells are not decals that go over the existing roundel. Their the real deal, which for 35 bucks is a great price. Check out his store on Ebay to see what they look like and get prices.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Hey ysoloud....nice to see someone from Hot Springs. I went to Lake Hamilton HS back in the 80's. (grad 85) My parents still live their but I had to get out. Not much in the way of job oppourtunities there. At least during the time I lived there.
Take care!

·
MERK MODE
195 Posts
Got mines replaced today with the M5 bmw emblem.

J//

·
Using SPF 45
3,672 Posts
hahaha amex :thumbup:
Green, gold, platinum . . . or black?

OP: Bavauto.com has 'em, along with instructions. Not the only place to get a new roundel, of course. It's a five-minute job, unless you screw it up and have to repaint. Although I'm afraid of doing anything to my car, I still successfully replaced mine.

·
It's 5 O'clock Somwhere
664 Posts
Hood Emblem

Just did mine today. Picked up the emblem at the BMW place. Parts counter gave me special tool , LOL.

Special tool - a nylon flat strap like you see for bundling, you know you get a box and it has this flat white or black plastic strap around it....

Take the flat strap and slide under the emblem, use a rag so as to not cut your hands. Pull hard the emblem will pop right off.

I just did it and it works fine.:thumbup:

·
Registered
439 Posts
This is a picture of the one on the trunk, but same concept. Try to find yourself one of these straps. Once you have a little gap under it, thread this through and pull up. :D

Attachments

1 - 20 of 23 Posts