1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
use some floss

·
Registered
3,344 Posts
or you can use a small screwdriver and pry it off. make sure you pad the hood with a towel and cardboard. I did it and replaced w/ black/silver carbon fiber roundels.

·
Registered
34 Posts
There are two pins, at 9'oclock and 3 'oclock. Each one is about 10 mm in from the edge and fit into the grommets. I have a thin teflon spatula that I use. Just to be safe I coat it lightly with PAM. Ideally, you should pry up simultaneously, from both sides.

·
Registered
220 Posts
I also have a black 745Li, but I chose to stay with the stock blue badges because here in DC we have red and blue lettering on our tags, so the blue badge matches perfectly!:D

·
Registered
4,635 Posts
I've have my roundels stolen from the hood a few times over the years. The thieves don't use floss. Looks like they used a chissel on my old E32. Bastards. I'd think the carbon fiber ones are more of a target.

·
Registered
56 Posts
When you guys removed the OEM emblems - was it very difficult? IS there any residue i.e glue from the original emblem? Is it safe for someone 'mechanically challeneged? or should I have the dealer do it?

Thanks... also, does anyone know about the grill? It looks like a beast to have it replaced... I'm wondering if a good shop could do it with no issues... or is it worth also having the dealership work with me on that as well...

·
Jawja Dawg
64 Posts
Emblem Removal

Had the stealer replace one of mine that had peeled and they used fiberglass box bailing ribbon. Slid it underneath and pulled like hell.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts