BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
20,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

It's way more camera than I need, but what the hell, right?

Quite a step up from a 5 year old 300D. That 8fps stuff is pretty sweet. Just the sound of the shutter makes me smile.

·
Leave gun. Take Canoli.
7,697 Posts
Congrats! My friend just got one and loves it. I'd get one if I didn't mind carrying around a camera that big. My XSi is big enough to carry around on vacation. Although I'd kinda like a FF camera at some point.

·
meh
2,941 Posts
Please post some shots... or a review or something! I'm considering jumping from my 350D to the 7D after the holidays... I'd love to hear some opinions from someone who has used it in some real world situations.

--nw

·
Running around in circles
3,634 Posts
Congrats! What lens are you pairing with it?

·
Registered
6,749 Posts
So how is the 7D working out so far? I was thinking of upgrading to the 7D from the 40D as a little Christmas present to myself this year. Is it worth the upgrade?

·
Leave gun. Take Canoli.
7,697 Posts
My friend says he is taking better pictures than he's ever taken with his. Went from 40d to 7d. I'm just curious how much of a difference it actually makes in practicality. As in, would I actually notice a difference, even from my XSi.

20,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Congrats! What lens are you pairing with it?
I have the Nifty Fifty and the Brick. Will probably add a 70-200 f/4L IS for soccer season in the spring. (I know I don't need the IS for action stuff, but it will be nice for lower light shots since I'm getting the 4 instead of the 2.8)

20,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Took a bunch of pics at my kids' gym class today and the pics at 1600 and 3200 ISO look really good right out of the camera. With a little NR they look outstanding considering the poor lighting.

·
3,634 Posts
I have the Nifty Fifty and the Brick. Will probably add a 70-200 f/4L IS for soccer season in the spring. (I know I don't need the IS for action stuff, but it will be nice for lower light shots since I'm getting the 4 instead of the 2.8)
What's the brick? :dunno: My brother has the 70-200/4 IS and loves it. For the same price though (roughly) I like the 2.8 non-IS version only because it won't have the IS feature. Less things to break :) Good luck with the camera.

·
3,634 Posts

·
Bimmerfest Founder
15,427 Posts
Your little one is already playing soccer? Wow, time flies!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts