BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was driving on a highway yesterday doing about 85 mph. I was 70 miles from home and all of a sudden the display said I had a flat tire and needed to stop and check. My 750 (Oct/2005 manufacturing date) doesn't have individual pressure sensor in each wheel, it uses the ABS to monitor the rotation of a tire in relation to other tires.

I pulled over and took a look at the tires, they looked fine. I got back in my car and started the engine, the warning display was gone. I drove on but at a slower speed. This morning I used a gauge to check the pressure in all four tires and they were all normal.

Hope it was only a computer glitch.

·
Registered
766 Posts
It was. It has happened to me also. Just reset the FTM, you should be fine.

·
Registered
86 Posts
It just recently happened to me, too. I discovered that one of the tires had a slow leak - about 2 lbs of pressure a week. It turned out to have a cracked rim. Unlucky, I bought the tire and wheel protection plan and it paid for the replacement of the wheel.

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
You mean LUCKILY, right?

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
:rofl:

·
Registered
86 Posts
BTW, if anyone else has one of these wheel protection plans, make sure you dent the rim before making a claim. My inspector initially rejected my claim because he said the crack was not the result of any impact since there was no visible sign of the cause. I had to "negotiate" with the claims manager to get them to approve the claim. I basically told them that my firm specializes in insurance tort and I will sue for both compensatory (peanuts) and punitive damages (up to $2 million) if he gives me any more hassle on this mere $550 claim. Scum sucking bottle dwellers.... Wait, that was supposed to be a joke on lawyers. :rofl:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts