Great Site. I was recently rear-ended and my beloved Mercedes 500SEC is gone. I have come across a 2002 5251 with 117k....the nice BMW dark blue color that I love. Original owner lady driven.... Dealer maintained and all the records. I took a look at her yesterday and everything works and engine and transmission sound and shift good. Temp stable right in the middle. I test drove the car and pushed it and she responded very well. Big difference coming from a 1984 500SEC. AC blows hot air, but heater does not work.
1. Heater does not work.
2. One of the buttons on the AC unit is missing
4. Power steering reservoir looks wet and leaking
Items that have recently been replaced:
1. Alternator and belt
2. Oxygen sensor
3. New control arm bushings etc..
4. Valve cover gasgets replaced
5. Thermostat and housing
5. Transmission oil and radiator flush and change
Asking Price $6500
I would like to know what are the common problems for this year model so that I can look at the records and see what has been replaced.