BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 20 of 105 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone else looking forward to this Friday?? It's crazy that I'm anxiously awaiting the release of the new programs instead of looking forward to the long weekend, lol!!

My 535xi lease is up this month and I was going back and forth between getting another 5 or getting into an X5. I've decided to stick with the 5 series this time around and get the X5 in 2019. Fingers crossed for good incentives!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Cant wait for that too! I am in similar situation, my 328 lease is expiring this month. Prices on 2016 cars both 5 and 3 series are very good now, but no incentives whatsoever. Hope something comes this Fri. :)

·
Registered
973 Posts
Someone correct me if I am wrong, but you should put in your credit app this month and you will have the option to select this months money factor (and I think residual) in the event they raise same.

·
Premium Member
5,464 Posts
Someone correct me if I am wrong, but you should put in your credit app this month and you will have the option to select this months money factor (and I think residual) in the event they raise same.
Yes, you could lock in this month's program and then check out what's available in July and pick the one you like best. Your rate/residual would be locked.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Thanks for this advice! If they change residuals, will that apply to both MY2016 and MY2017 cars? Can they be different, for example higher residuals for MY2016 and lower for MY2017?

·
Premium Member
5,464 Posts
Thanks for this advice! If they change residuals, will that apply to both MY2016 and MY2017 cars? Can they be different, for example higher residuals for MY2016 and lower for MY2017?
I can guarantee you that the residuals will not be the same for MY2016 and MY2017. You can take that to the bank. If you wanted to know if the money factor will be the same the answer is yes.

The residuals will probably be exactly the opposite of what common sense would dictate. #StrangeButTrue

·
Registered
8 Posts
That is what I though about residuals but was not sure. In the past, did BMW have end customer incentives like lease cash or loyalty in July? I would assume they should have at least something for 4th of July, since many other manufacturers have promo campaigns around this time.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Do we even have residuals for MY2017 cars for June?

·
Premium Member
5,464 Posts
Do we even have residuals for MY2017 cars for June?
Sure, for some models. Don't forget that the 2017 6-series has been in production since March and the 2017 X3 & X4 since April, so those were published with the May/June program. A bunch more models go into production in July, so the dealers will have those in a few days if they don't have them already.

:)

·
Registered
296 Posts
Sure, for some models. Don't forget that the 2017 6-series has been in production since March and the 2017 X3 & X4 since April, so those were published with the May/June program. A bunch more models go into production in July, so the dealers will have those in a few days if they don't have them already.

I'm wondering about the 440i GC, have one in order for August ED and have yet to see lease numbers. Was hoping there was a late June program to lock before Friday.

·
Premium Member
5,464 Posts
I'm wondering about the 440i GC, have one in order for August ED and have yet to see lease numbers. Was hoping there was a late June program to lock before Friday.
Probably not but ask your client advisor anyway. He might tell you he's waiting for that and expects to have it this Friday.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yes, you could lock in this month's program and then check out what's available in July and pick the one you like best. Your rate/residual would be locked.
Can o do it online at BMWFS? I definitely won't make it to the dealer this week. Thanks!

·
Premium Member
5,464 Posts
Can o do it online at BMWFS? I definitely won't make it to the dealer this week. Thanks!
Yes, I believe that is possible but please don't take my word on that because I am definitely not current. Ask a client advisor. When you submit your online credit app to BMWFS you have to identify the name of the dealership you intend to do business with because the approval number will go to that dealership. Speak to a client advisor about that and if you have questions maybe you could send a PM to one of the Bimmerfest sponsors?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Yes, I believe that is possible but please don't take my word on that because I am definitely not current. Ask a client advisor. When you submit your online credit app to BMWFS you have to identify the name of the dealership you intend to do business with because the approval number will go to that dealership. Speak to a client advisor about that and if you have questions maybe you could send a PM to one of the Bimmerfest sponsors?
Can we choose the rebates between June and July?

·
Registered
8,892 Posts
The rate lock goes with the program, so junes rates go with junes program, and july's rates will go with july's program.

No mix and matching... and not all incentives are lockable. What IS lockable and is NOT lockable gets really, really confusing (other than interest rates / money factors that is), so you should talk to a CA about it, and CAREFULLY look at the incentive to see if its lockable.

I gave up on reading that fine print because it sometimes feels vague.

·
Premium Member
5,464 Posts
First, I have to ask you if your current location is still Toronto? If it is, then none of this applies to you because we're talking about programs specific to the U.S. Your finance programs are offered by BMW Financial Services Canada. A quick check of BMW Canada's website shows that their current program runs through July 3. Our current program down here runs through June 30. These are entirely different programs.

If you're asking about programs available to U.S. residents, then one must choose either the program they locked or the program available when they take delivery. If they submit their credit application before the end of June in order to lock the May/June program, that would lock in those money factors/residuals or those APRs on retail finance contracts. There were no lockable incentives in the May/June program unless the model in question ends with an 'e' or begins with an 'i'. There are lockable lease credits for those models only. That simply means that in addition to the money factor and residual, those lease credits were also locked with those money factors/residuals. Or you could dump that, including the locked lease credits and go with whatever the July program is. I expect we might see those same lease credits available on those same models again in July.

So right now it's quite simple. Take the old program that was locked or take the new program, whatever it turns out to be. Locking rates/residuals by submitted the credit app now gives one that option.

Please understand that if your location is correct and you live in Canada, then none of this applies to you. BMWs in Canada are imported by BMW Canada and financed by BMW Financial Services Canada. BMW of North America, in spite of the misleading name, is the importer for the United States only.

·
Registered
27 Posts
First, I have to ask you if your current location is still Toronto? If it is, then none of this applies to you because we're talking about programs specific to the U.S. Your finance programs are offered by BMW Financial Services Canada. A quick check of BMW Canada's website shows that their current program runs through July 3. Our current program down here runs through June 30. These are entirely different programs.

If you're asking about programs available to U.S. residents, then one must choose either the program they locked or the program available when they take delivery. If they submit their credit application before the end of June in order to lock the May/June program, that would lock in those money factors/residuals or those APRs on retail finance contracts. There were no lockable incentives in the May/June program unless the model in question ends with an 'e' or begins with an 'i'. There are lockable lease credits for those models only. That simply means that in addition to the money factor and residual, those lease credits were also locked with those money factors/residuals. Or you could dump that, including the locked lease credits and go with whatever the July program is. I expect we might see those same lease credits available on those same models again in July.

So right now it's quite simple. Take the old program that was locked or take the new program, whatever it turns out to be. Locking rates/residuals by submitted the credit app now gives one that option.

Please understand that if your location is correct and you live in Canada, then none of this applies to you. BMWs in Canada are imported by BMW Canada and financed by BMW Financial Services Canada. BMW of North America, in spite of the misleading name, is the importer for the United States only.

Thanks for the clarification Ninong.

My location is Toronto, Canada. Unfortunately we don't have guys like you on these forums to answer questions for us Canadian buyers. I understand the residuals/money factor and incentives will not apply to us up north. But I thought the procedures on how BMWCA & BMWUSA handle these programs might be the same. :thumbup:

1 - 20 of 105 Posts