BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Has anyone had any experience with these hotels? Also, what about parking?

Thanks,
RockChalk

MUNICH CITY CENTRE
Holiday Inn
HOCHSTRASSE 3
MUNICH, 81669
GERMANY

VENICE EAST-QUARTO D'ALTINO
Express By Holiday Inn
VIA G. PASCOLI 1
QUARTO D'ALTINO, 30020
ITALY

ROME-ST.PETER'S
Crowne Plaza Hotel
VIA AURELIA ANTICA 415
ROME, 00165
ITALY

DIJON
Holiday Inn
1 PLACE MARIE DE BOURGOGNE
DIJON, 21000
FRANCE

PARIS-CANAL DE LA VILLETTE
Express By Holiday Inn
68 QUAI DE LA SEINE
PARIS, 75019
FRANCE

FRANKFURT-MESSE
Holiday Inn Express
GUTLEUTSTRASSE 296
FRANKFURT, 60327
GERMANY

·
Registered
256 Posts
Hi all,

Thanks,
RockChalk

MUNICH CITY CENTRE
Holiday Inn
HOCHSTRASSE 3
MUNICH, 81669
GERMANY
I haven't yet but will be staying there 2 nights, March 31-April 1 for my ED. Hope it's a good experience. The reviews I read on their web site were all positive and also indicated there was a parking garage, with a fee of course.

·
Freude am Fahren
19,695 Posts
quoting RockChalk
Hi all,

Thanks,
RockChalk

MUNICH CITY CENTRE
Holiday Inn
HOCHSTRASSE 3
MUNICH, 81669
GERMANY
Was there actually a point to your post? :dunno:

·
Registered
256 Posts
The reviews I read on their web site were all positive and also indicated there was a parking garage, with a fee of course.

·
Leave gun. Take Canoli.
7,697 Posts
I think he was asking about people's experience with those particular hotels, etc. Good/bad, how was the parking. Seemed pretty self explanatory to me. Way to be warm and welcoming to the new guy. :tsk:

·
Freude am Fahren
19,695 Posts
I think he was asking about people's experience with those particular hotels, etc. Good/bad, how was the parking. Seemed pretty self explanatory to me. Way to be warm and welcoming to the new guy. :tsk:
no, all he did was quote the OP's post without adding anything.

·
Leave gun. Take Canoli.
7,697 Posts
no, all he did was quote the OP's post without adding anything.
OK, so originally I thought you were saying that the OPs post was pointless, but now that I realize you were talking about C-los, he did add that he'd done some research and had found some positive things. Maybe not the raw experience the OP was looking for, but it added at least a little. Unless he editited it after you made your post. Maybe it was an accident and he posted before he got to type in his stuff.

·
Freude am Fahren
19,695 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
OK, so originally I thought you were saying that the OPs post was pointless, but now that I realize you were talking about C-los, he did add that he'd done some research and had found some positive things. Maybe not the raw experience the OP was looking for, but it added at least a little. Unless he editited it after you made your post. Maybe it was an accident and he posted before he got to type in his stuff.
Thanks Snaremen, you are right. I quoted the original post but then realized I had accidently submitted the reply without my comment. I think at that point, JSpira saw my reply and questioned my response. I went back to edit my response and posted my comment on the good reviews the hotel had received. BTW, I was only talking about the Holiday Inn Munich City Centre. Did not mean to confuse any one:)

·
Registered
256 Posts
Could be. But he only did that after I pointed out that his post added nothing to the discussion.
Not true. You beat me to it before I realized I had goofed.

·
Freude am Fahren
19,695 Posts

·
Registered
3,737 Posts
Back to the original question... :angel:

PARIS-CANAL DE LA VILLETTE
Express By Holiday Inn
68 QUAI DE LA SEINE
PARIS, 75019
FRANCE
I have not stayed at that particular hotel, but I know the area. La Villette is very far out of the central area and takes approx. 45 min by metro to any of the major sights. So factor that into your plans. OTOH, the science museum, which is quite good, is nearby. (If you want a more detailed view of the museum, ask.)

·
Piacere di guidare
1,474 Posts
My biggest question is why you're going all the way to Europe and staying in nothing but American chain accomodations? Can't you pretty much get those in your own hometown? Isn't the purpose of travel to experience something different? To each his own, but you're not gonna get much of a feel for a foreign place like this..

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
My biggest question is why you're going all the way to Europe and staying in nothing but American chain accomodations? Can't you pretty much get those in your own hometown? Isn't the purpose of travel to experience something different? To each his own, but you're not gonna get much of a feel for a foreign place like this..
Times are tough. I have a lot of hotel points with this chain = free nights...

I don't plan on being the in the room much other than to sleep and shower.

·
Registered
750 Posts

My thoughts exactly. I am using US Air miles and Marriott points in Munich and Frankfurt. I will be staying in a 200 year old hotel for most of the trip though.

·
Piacere di guidare
1,474 Posts

Fair enough..

·
On the Road!
165 Posts
I stayed at the Holiday Inn Express in Frankfurt Messe - about 2 or 3km from the main train station. We had already dropped off our car in Munich so it was an overnight "in transit" from train to plane.

Clean, friendly, big tour bus crowd so get to breakfast early or stand in line.

Surrounding area is industrial / residential - no shops or anything much to see to walk to unless you hike back towards the train station.

Dave.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts