BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Special Agent
2,683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Getting a late start on planning my trip and I am finding that hotels are sparce at the moment for a week starting on 9/25. Hotel Vier Jahreszeiten Kempinski Munchen has availability at $500 per night ( a bit more than I normally like to spend) but the other lower grade hotels are going to cost $400 so it is not a big increase. I just did not think they had parking there...if you have any ideas I would appreciate them. It is Oktoberfest so that is the issue. We plan on staying in Munich and partaking for Thursday and Friday the rest of the time we will work out, it is just finding a place to stay and get to the Wiessen. Anyone have recommendations south of Munich with train access?
Thanks as always!:thumbup:

·
CarSwami
806 Posts
Alfred will be sure to answer and help you out with suggestions. He's your man!

·
Premium Member
7,705 Posts
Getting a late start on planning my trip and I am finding that hotels are sparce at the moment for a week starting on 9/25. Hotel Vier Jahreszeiten Kempinski Munchen has availability at $500 per night ( a bit more than I normally like to spend) but the other lower grade hotels are going to cost $400 so it is not a big increase. I just did not think they had parking there...if you have any ideas I would appreciate them. It is Oktoberfest so that is the issue. We plan on staying in Munich and partaking for Thursday and Friday the rest of the time we will work out, it is just finding a place to stay and get to the Wiessen. Anyone have recommendations south of Munich with train access?
http://www.hotel-jedermann.de/english/index.html

Send them an email. I've stayed there several times over the years. Secured underground Parking in th bank building next door. Walking distance to the Wiessen.:thumbup:

A nice traditional German Pension run by the Family Janke.

·
Freude am Fahren
19,697 Posts
VJ has valet parking - if you tip the doorman well, they can leave it up front.

This is the Oktoberfest phenomenon as you know and this will be tough.

How many nights are you staying? If it's one or two, stay at the VJ.

·
Freude am Fahren
19,697 Posts
http://www.hotel-jedermann.de/english/index.html

Send them an email. I've stayed there several times over the years. Secured underground Parking in th bank building next door. Walking distance to the Wiessen.:thumbup:

A nice traditional German Pension run by the Family Janke.
You really think they won't be sold out already or 3x the price during Oktoberfest?

·
Premium Member
7,705 Posts
You really think they won't be sold out already or 3x the price during Oktoberfest?
I dunno...:dunno: but even at 3 X the reular price, it'd still be only 200 euros:p

·
Special Agent
2,683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks Bee,

But my search continues! Others here is the avialability:

"Thank you for your e-mail and your interest in our hotel!

Unfortunately our hotel is already fully booked on your requested dates.

If you were able to change your travel plans we would still be able to
offer you rooms from
Sept. 29th to Oct. 04th, 2008.

We would be very pleased to welcome you at the "JEDERMANN"
and look forward to your reply.

Yours sincerely,

HOTEL JEDERMANN

·
Registered
3,737 Posts
For a central hotel priced below the VJ try the Cortiina (note the odd spelling). They have a secure garage in the building.

·
Freude am Fahren
19,697 Posts
Michael, book the room at the VJ now - you can always cancel later.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts