BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Freude am Fahren
19,696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For an article I am working on, would everyone please take the Hotel Pet Peeves Poll - and help get the word out by sharing the link?

Click here to take the poll.

Thanks in advance.

·
///Multiple
4,525 Posts
Voted!

·
Registered
750 Posts
Done.

·
resU deretsigeR
6,259 Posts
done

·
Can has cheezburger
2,081 Posts
Voted. Very good poll, I'll be interested in what you do with the results.

You certainly had all my big pet peeves in your list. There isn't much that pisses me off more than an expensive hotel that wants to chair me an additional fee for internet access (really, I'm paying $400 for a room at the Four Seasons, and that doesn't cover web access for a couple hours?)

=)

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
:thumbup:Did it.

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
Done. Happy to see slow Internet. While it's nice how hotels have transitioned from pay to free internet, as a result the speed is a lot slower, and quite frankly I'd prefer paid Internet instead of free if that guarantees a respectable service level.

Like I always say about free wifi zones, you get what you pay for.

·
Registered
693 Posts
Voted....But missing one of my big ones: Strong fragrance - either as perfuming the common areas or as chemical smells from carpet cleaning. I am a little sensitive to this stuff, and sometimes have allergic reactions. Very close to the top of my list.

·
Happily Driving
7,160 Posts
Voted....But missing one of my big ones: Strong fragrance - either as perfuming the common areas or as chemical smells from carpet cleaning. I am a little sensitive to this stuff, and sometimes have allergic reactions. Very close to the top of my list.
Agreed, I would add "smoky smell" to that list. I hate smoke.

·
Happily Driving
7,160 Posts
Hmmm....I can't drag the items around. Am I missing something or is it just Firefox 4.0?

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Done!

·
Freude am Fahren
19,696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hmmm....I can't drag the items around. Am I missing something or is it just Firefox 4.0?
We seem to have a bug and IE is required unfortunately.

Our survey/poll provider is working on it.

·
Freude am Fahren
19,696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
While it's nice how hotels have transitioned from pay to free internet,
The transition seems to be at the lower end. The only transition I've seen at the hotels I've been at recently has been free Internet if you are a member of that hotel's particular "club" such as the Fairmont President's Club (I was at The Fairmont in San Francisco a week ago) or the Kempinski's GHA. In both cases, membership is free and free Internet was a benefit of the basic level of membership.

as a result the speed is a lot slower,
More people are using a shared resource (see The Tragedy of the Commons). In a quasi related instance, my download speed on my flight to San Francisco was 0.4 Mbps.

I'd prefer paid Internet instead of free if that guarantees a respectable service level.
As would I.

·
Freude am Fahren
19,696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
1 - 15 of 15 Posts