Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
544 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to know how many 6 series drivers we have in Houston (and surrounding areas). How many of us are there in this forum?
Is there a way of knowing who is from where (LA, SF, Boston, Maryland, Houston, Tampa, SC, NY,etc.)? It would come in handy.

·
///M for Motor Sports!
2,946 Posts
Ny/nj

I'm from NY/NJ

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
I use to own grocery stores in houston. :p
around telephone road.
The hispanic side of town.
I have a buddy who owns super lopez tortillas if you have ever had them.

·
Registered
544 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
evm3 said:
I use to own grocery stores in houston. :p
around telephone road.
The hispanic side of town.
I have a buddy who owns super lopez tortillas if you have ever had them.
I too own grocery stores here in Houston. Northwest area basically and a couple up north.
Why did you leave H-town? Did you sell your stores? Did you franchise them?
Let us know if you come to Houston any time soon. We can arrange a "meet" with the few guys that are in this forum (Living in Houston).

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Commencer said:
I too own grocery stores here in Houston. Northwest area basically and a couple up north.
Why did you leave H-town? Did you sell your stores? Did you franchise them?
Let us know if you come to Houston any time soon. We can arrange a "meet" with the few guys that are in this forum (Living in Houston).
2 of them were burnt down and the 3rd we sold.
It was a rough area. Thank god for insurance.
Is been about 7 hears i think.
Fiesta is a tough competition.
I was last there when the packers played the texans for their first sunday night football
game in late 2004.
we have family in houston and close by kingwood.

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
Commencer said:
Is there a way of knowing who is from where (LA, SF, Boston, Maryland, Houston, Tampa, SC, NY,etc.)? It would come in handy.
Just look under the name. Not always informative, but usually is.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Does The South Count?

Charlotte, N.C. :rofl:

·
Registered
88 Posts
Used to live in Houston. Lived there since 1991. But moved to Oregon last year. Actually will be exactly one year tomorrow. Miss the tex-mex and cajun food the most.

dave

(Actually given that I lived in Houston so long and saw a certain football star grow up into a HS phenom, AND being a graduate of The University of Texas at Austin in '91, I've been thinking a lot about Texas lately. Of course, my PAC-10 loving neighbors aren't so thrilled.)

·
Registered
544 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Tip

Boxboss said:
Just look under the name. Not always informative, but usually is.
Good tip Boss. I just thought about those poeple who are not used to posting comments on the threads. Maybe some could come forward and tell us where they are from so we have a better idea on demographics and location. I have seen a lot of 6ers in Houston recently!

Dave - Don't forget about your roots! If you come to Houston, let us know so we can arrange a meet. We can get some Tex-mex.

EV - Did you go on the store buiness in the mid west also? I actually have a store close to Kingwood (Porter). Nice area.

3 Houston guys so far! (G-Smith, LV2SPD and myself)...

By the way...I went to "Downing Street" on Saturday night and saw another bautiful convertible. Was that you G-Smith? It looked just like yours. I also saw a silver grey 645 coupe...it seems like I have seen more 6ers since I bought mine... has this happened to anyone else?

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
one branch of our company is a chain of grocery stores in Milwaukee , WI.
Yes, I too notice more 6 series on the road since i got one.
Mostly verts with older drivers who do not like benz's I guess.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Commencer- not me this time- went to a wedding on Saturday. But there is another 650 like mine in Houston- I almost hate to admit this, but Saturday afternoon driving toward downtown through Memorial Park I started moving from middle lane to right lane to go around an SUV- almost got creamed by another 650 vert mineral/cream in the right lane. I thought I looked, top was down, but I missed him completely. Fortunately he was paying more attention than me. My apologies again if you are on the board. Losing sleep all weekend imaging the repair bills I would have been responsible for and just the entire concept of wrecking two new 6's. At any rate- maybe that was the car you saw Saturday night. Since his top was down don't know if it was black or gray top, otherwise looked just like mine.

·
Registered
544 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Saturday.

Come to think about it, the top of the vert. I saw at the bar was gray and not black like yours, G.
It was probably the guy you almost had an accident with. After that close call, I bet he needed a drink!
Fortunately both of you are ok and nothing happened! I just pictured what could have happened to 2 beautiful cars and it is not pretty...

·
Registered
544 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
G Smith said:
I was the one that needed the drink! :drink:
I bet! :rofl:
By the way, Are you going to put on the front license plate G? i'm thinking about leaving it in the trunk.

LV2SPD - You didn't tell us what you drive...Coupe? Convertible? 650/645?

·
Registered
209 Posts
Front plate is in the trunk. The front plate holder is in a safe place in the house. Going to keep fingers crossed I don't get stopped.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts