BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have not seen them yet, but for those that have or own them, how to leatherette seats look and feel compared to real leather? Is the extra expense for real leather worth it?

·
Registered
5,532 Posts
Leather vs Leatherette? This has been beat to effin' death. Do a search and get all the opinions you will ever want to read.
I vote for leather. :)

dj

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Leather vs Leatherette? This has been beat to effin' death. Do a search and get all the opinions you will ever want to read.
I vote for leather. :)

dj
Most of the threads appear to be real old, so I did not know if they changed/improved the leatherette.

·
Registered
178 Posts
OP,
Go on Yahoo or Google and type in "BMW leatherette vs leather" and you'll find plenty of hits.

·
Registered
203 Posts
I had leatherette on my 335 and was happy but on my X5 I ordered leather only because it looked and felt like vinyl.

·
Tar Heel Faithful
14,127 Posts
I'm fine with leatherette in any BMW. It's not tacky or unsightly in anyway. I don't understand the whole "leather breathes" argument either because my back gets sweaty with leather in both our Bimmers.

·
Registered
178 Posts
I'm fine with leatherette in any BMW. It's not tacky or unsightly in anyway. I don't understand the whole "leather breathes" argument either because my back gets sweaty with leather in both our Bimmers.
There are pros and cons for each. Both are nice though. From what I've seen, leatherette (basically vinyl) is more durable and easier to clean. Leather is more breathable (probably not by much) and can look nicer. Most ppl can't tell the difference though. Leather is less durable and needs care.

·
Registered
433 Posts
If you have small children Leatherette is a pretty good choice. I have had both and the leather is prone to stains. with leatherette you can clean most anything off with a windex cleaning wipe.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I agree :)

leather feels a little nicer, but leatherette is also good.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts