BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I didn't know they want us at the Welt 90 minutes before our 9:40 delivery.

We're getting in on a late night flight, and that's kind of tough morning for us.

In that case, I'd really prefer 2 pm, just after the 11:45 factory tour, so we can breathe a little before we head over.

Does my dealer have to do this, or can I coordinate time directly with BMW Welt, as long as my delivery date remains the same?

·
Registered
91 Posts
Changing your delivery time is not difficult if appointments are available. I called the Euro Delivery department at BMW NA directly, and they changed my appointment.

We were scheduled to arrive in Munich at 740am and scheduled for pick up at 10am. I thought we would hit traffic, so I changed our appointment to a 930am check in with 11am pick up. We ended up arriving at 830am, and my pick up time went back to 10am.

Oh and be sure you go out the door by the lounge to see your new car come out of the elevator about 15 - 20 minutes before your delivery time. :)

Attachments

·
Registered
2,288 Posts
I would also wonder how strict they are on 90 mins prior as well. I had a 9:20 AM and arrived at 8 AM and asked for one as soon as possible and they gave me it for 8:20 so only 20 minutes. My car was already on the turntable given it was an early delivery so probably helped - as yours probably would be.

·
Registered
198 Posts
I had a similar situation - I had the delivery time as 10:30, and my flight arrived just before 8:00 am which would have been fine. Then I received the email telling my to arrive 90 minutes before. There were no earlier flights, so I called the ED department directly - they were very nice and had no problem changing the delivery time to 1:30 that afternoon. Everything worked out great. With your build number it is easy to call them directly and they speak excellent English.

·
Registered
446 Posts
My experience is that changing the hour can be done by calling the BMW European Delivery people directly, but changing the day of delivery requires getting your CA involved.

·
just a fool
119 Posts
Since Welt delivers 120 cars per day, they can move things around pretty easily. I emailed BMWNA, and got an email confirmation for the change the next day. It is that easy.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts