BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

· ex-M couper
1,776 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yep, I did a stupid thing. :rolleyes:
I installed my retrofit Nav system last night (and part of today) and forgot to remove the CD from the drive in the old Business Radio.
How can I remove it without putting the old radio back in the car?
Just powering it up doesn't do it -- the anti-theft feature won't let you eject a CD.

Any ideas?

· Registered
40 Posts
Bob Clevenger said:
Yep, I did a stupid thing. :rolleyes:
I installed my retrofit Nav system last night (and part of today) and forgot to remove the CD from the drive in the old Business Radio.
How can I remove it without putting the old radio back in the car?
Just powering it up doesn't do it -- the anti-theft feature won't let you eject a CD.

Any ideas?
HAMMER? :dunno: :rofl: :rofl: Take it apart, go back to the days when you where 8.

· ex-M couper
1,776 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
jnx said:
Hook up a 12 volt power supply, ground it, and the eject it. Actually it happens many times, no big deal.
I already tried that. It doesn't work. The radio/CD player won't function unless connected to the car for which it's coded.

I really don't want to destroy it too get the CD out, as I might be able to sell it.

· Registered
227 Posts
Bob Clevenger said:
I already tried that. It doesn't work. The radio/CD player won't function unless connected to the car for which it's coded.

I really don't want to destroy it too get the CD out, as I might be able to sell it.
Sell it and discount it $10 for shipping your CD back to you.:)

· King of Rear Clunks
12,907 Posts
You probably need to connect it to a car, but you don't need a 'code' since those don't exist anymore.

· Registered
807 Posts
Bob Clevenger said:

Is your radio sirrius compatabile? i might buy it if it is... i'll send you the cd back.. promise... unless its something i like :)

· Registered
807 Posts
Bob Clevenger said:
I really don't know that. How would I find out if it is Sirius-compatible?
It has to come out a 2003 or newer

· Registered
807 Posts
Bob Clevenger said:
Cool. Mine is a 2004, so it ought to be what you need. E-mail me with an offer. [email protected]
I have the plastic parts for around the radio too, in case you break or scratch them up.
want to trade? :)

I have no idea what the going rate is on these things... :(

· ex-M couper
1,776 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
sna77 said:
want to trade? :)

I have no idea what the going rate is on these things... :(
Trade what? :dunno:
I paid $428 for the new radio for my nav system. I guess the standard radio ought to be nearly the same. I wouldn't expect you to pay full retail for it. Can you make an offer based on that?

BTW, if anyone here knows the price for the standard Business CD radio for a 2004 E46 is, feel free to chime in.

· King of Rear Clunks
12,907 Posts
They're pretty pricey new from a dealer but they trade hands on places like Fanatics pretty cheap.

· Registered
807 Posts
Kaz said:
They're pretty pricey new from a dealer but they trade hands on places like Fanatics pretty cheap.
Trade my old radio.. :)

Need to see waht funds are like... need a sport (round) airbag first... LOL

between Bluetooth retrofit and compass mirror retrofit, im running broke.. haha

· The Darwinator.
529 Posts
There aren't any pinholes to push a paperclip into that'll manually eject the CD?

B.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.