BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got a 2006 325i with premium + sport package, but without the premium audio, and I must say that the audio quality SUCKS!

I'm not sure if it's the speakers, or the amplifier, or what, but the sound is very sub-par. I enjoy hi-fidelity sound and this is definitely not hi-fidelity.

I would like to get new speakers and/or amplifier, but I'm not sure how I would go about doing that.

Can I upgrade the audio at a BMW center, or should I go to a third party to install new speakers/amp?

One third party I visited said they won't do it on a 2006 BMW (although they would on earlier models)

Any ideas?

Also, is the "premium audio" option that BMW offers when buying the car any better in terms of audio quality?

·
your average JAMF
1,220 Posts
Should have gotten the Logic7 system - it's absolutely awesome.

I would definitely seek out a high-end shop and get some references before letting someone tear into your car. Between the MOST (optical) interface and general high level of integration of the sound system into the rest of the car's electrical system, you could wind up with a real disaster if you let some JAMF at Best Buy or Circuit Shiity toy with your car.

·
Grumpy and Cynical
7,642 Posts
Isn't the Logic 7 included with the Premium Package in the US? It is in Canada. :dunno:

·
Registered
132 Posts
ed325i said:
Isn't the Logic 7 included with the Premium Package in the US? It is in Canada. :dunno:
No its not. In the US premium package includes:
Includes leather upholstery, power folding and auto-dimming exterior rearview mirrors, auto-dimming interior rearview mirror with digital compass, auto-tilt passenger side mirror when reverse is engaged, BMW Universal transceiver (3-button remote for garage doors and other external devices), BMW Assist, Bluetooth cellphone interface, 8-way power front seats with 4-way power adjustable lumbar support and 2-position memory for driver seat, climate control and exterior mirrors. INCLUDES Leather

1 - 5 of 5 Posts