BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My E93 got off the boat in Brunswick Monday. How can I tell when it clears customs other than via the Harms tracking system, which I think is slow to be updated?

·
Munchen bound
1,205 Posts
Mine was unloaded at Brunswick on October 12th, and according to Harms and BMW's website, it still hasn't cleared. It has been there for over two weeks now. So, I wouldn't be in any hurry.

·
Registered
128 Posts
The website that updated first was the WWL site:

https://att.2wglobal.com/gstattweb/ocean.do?method=getDefaultOceanQuickSearchPage

Enter your VIN number and click on Track. They will show when Customs has released the car and when WWL has handed the car off for transport to the VPC:

DELIVERED FROM BRUNSWICK, GA 22-10-2009 08:34:00
LINER RELEASE BRUNSWICK, GA 22-10-2009 08:30:10
CUSTOMS RELEASE BRUNSWICK, GA 22-10-2009 00:00:00
DISCHARGED BRUNSWICK, GA 20-10-2009 17:00:00

Strangely, the BMW website actually updated to "at VPC" within 1 day of it getting there. Usually it lags by weeks.

Hope your car gets through the process quickly!

·
Breaking in the Pony
2019 Mustang GT / 2005 Toyota Tacoma
6,320 Posts
Seems to be a crapshoot what reporting you get. On mine, first sign was on the BMW "Track Your BMW" website when it switched to being at the preparation center. The WW site never changed from "offloaded" on mine.

Of course, 4 months after I picked my car up, the BMW website still thinks it's at the preparation center. :rolleyes:

FWIW,
George

·
Munchen bound
1,205 Posts
Jon, your link is busted. Has your car already gone through VPC? Your car is crusing through.

The website that updated first was the WWL site:

https://att.2wglobal.com/gstattweb/ocean.do?method=getDefaultOceanQuickSearchPage

Enter your VIN number and click on Track. They will show when Customs has released the car and when WWL has handed the car off for transport to the VPC:

DELIVERED FROM BRUNSWICK, GA 22-10-2009 08:34:00
LINER RELEASE BRUNSWICK, GA 22-10-2009 08:30:10
CUSTOMS RELEASE BRUNSWICK, GA 22-10-2009 00:00:00
DISCHARGED BRUNSWICK, GA 20-10-2009 17:00:00

Strangely, the BMW website actually updated to "at VPC" within 1 day of it getting there. Usually it lags by weeks.

Hope your car gets through the process quickly!

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
2 days or 2 weeks

Note that the poster who suggested the WW site had their car released within 2 days, and the dates overlap those of the poster who suggests their car is still in customs at Brunswick after 2 weeks!

I am begining to think it is all just a big crap shoot as to how a car is handled.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It's not that the link is busted, its something weird with the WW site at that particular page. If you go to their main site you can find the same page using drop downs and find the track cargo link and use your VIN for Cargo ID or enter your bill of lading number. Regretably, I am still only at the "Discharged" status. I just wish it was easier to plan the PDC pick up date, which I am told cannot be established until the car hits the VPC.

·
Registered
8,180 Posts
Call your forwarding agent.

·
Munchen bound
1,205 Posts
I went directly to the site, as I have several times, and the "Track & Trace" page doesn't load so there is never an opportunity to enter anything. I've tried it on three computers and that particular service is down. Try it again and report back, if you don't mind.

However, I was able to monitor it on the Harms site, but I hear that is just as "hit or miss" as BMW's own site.

It's not that the link is busted, its something weird with the WW site at that particular page. If you go to their main site you can find the same page using drop downs and find the track cargo link and use your VIN for Cargo ID or enter your bill of lading number. Regretably, I am still only at the "Discharged" status. I just wish it was easier to plan the PDC pick up date, which I am told cannot be established until the car hits the VPC.

·
Registered
750 Posts
I have only been able to get acurate information by calling the BMWNA ED people directly.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Jon, your link is busted. Has your car already gone through VPC? Your car is crusing through.
Sorry about the bad link. Thanks, joakym, for posting the proper link.

Yeah, I got lucky at the end, not so lucky at the beginning. Dropped off in Paris on 9/11 and watched ship after ship get loaded and depart without my car. Finally got on a ship on 10/1.

Offloaded Brunswick 10/20, cleared Customs overnight on 10/21 and moved to the VPC on 10/22. It got released from the VPC on 10/27 and was delivered to the dealer on 10/28. We picked it up yesterday afternoon! The end of the process felt quick, but I think it is still well within the 7-10 day 'expected' timeframe.

·
Munchen bound
1,205 Posts
You have got to be kidding.

My car has been in Brunswick since 10/12, and it's still there (according to BMWNA & Harms). Maybe they crashed the car into a pillar or something. Or, they use the LIFO system!

·
Y ask y? Ask y not!
602 Posts

My car has been in Brunswick since 10/12, and it's still there (according to BMWNA & Harms). Maybe they crashed the car into a pillar or something. Or, they use the LIFO system!
There's a possibility something might have happened to your car. Mine has being at the VPC since 10/22. I just found out VPC is replacing my entire front bumper because they found a scratch. When I drop the car off in Hamburg there was no scratch or anything as a bug on the bumper. Was the car scratch onboard the vessel, at customs, VDC, VPC???? Also if its just a scratch why can't they fix n paint instead of a new bumper? Or that's how they treat 7ers? On a second thought...maybe I should be happy with a replacement instead of a fix paint job. I will check tomorrow to see when they'll release the car for trucking. I've cancelled my PCD due to the bumper work. Maybe after next ED.

·
Registered
346 Posts

You guys must not have cars coming off a lease waiting for your new car? Or perhaps a spare car available. I am not that fortunate as my current bmw will get turned in as soon as the new one arrives. Until then likely double lease payments and the dream of a new car. Lucky devils...

·
Y ask y? Ask y not!
602 Posts
So, what happens if you do that and the result is "no records found"?

~David
"no records found" indicate they have not loaded your car onto the vessel/ship yet.

·
Y ask y? Ask y not!
602 Posts
You guys must not have cars coming off a lease waiting for your new car? Or perhaps a spare car available. I am not that fortunate as my current bmw will get turned in as soon as the new one arrives. Until then likely double lease payments and the dream of a new car. Lucky devils...
I'm just stuck making two car payments until i take delivery of my ED.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts