BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

How Did He Do That?

806 Views 8 Replies 8 Participants Last post by  jonesin
I live in Germany and yesterday my 320i would not start; seems like a fuel problem. Turns over but seems like it is not getting gas. Changed the fuel pump fuse, no good. Changing the filter next and if no luck, proceeding to the fuel pump.

Anyhoo....When the ADAC guy came to tow my vehicle, instead of using his winch to pull it up on the ramp, he was able to drive it under power by just cranking the starter and doing something??? Can anyone tell me how he did that? would be helpful for pulling it into the garage where I'll be working on it.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
:eek:

If it's a manual he could have left it in gear while he cranked the starter. I would NOT recommend doing that.

Sent from my LG Revolution 4G using BimmerApp
HE WHAT?!?!

NO.. Call ADAC... make a claim NOW.
Anyhoo....When the ADAC guy came to tow my vehicle, instead of using his winch to pull it up on the ramp, he was able to drive it under power by just cranking the starter and doing something??? Can anyone tell me how he did that? would be helpful for pulling it into the garage where I'll be working on it.
That sounds incredibly bad for your every thing.
Yeah, cranking it in gear is the only way.... He might have got it cranking with the clutch in, and slipped the clutch, so it's not that bad for the starter, but that's still not recommended. Especially if it has to go up a ramp. :tsk:
This. :eek:
That sounds incredibly bad for your every thing.
Hint: tow truck drivers care way more about their personal convenience than about any damage they might do to your car. Way more.
Great (NOT) Thanks for the info everyone. I called ADAC today.
What was their response?

I hope you told them that you expect your transmission to be pulled at their expense to inspect your flywheel, and for your starter to be replaced also?

With older vehicles like these it becomes damn difficult to prove fault later on when something goes wrong.
Great (NOT) Thanks for the info everyone. I called ADAC today.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.