BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is this only fitted to Sport models?

I have an 06 750li.

I used Vin Decoder and it's not line item'd, which i expect it would be. The rear suspension has become a bit soft and I am prepping to rebuild it.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
Look at the front shocks. If it has a wire going in at the top of the mount. You have them. Or pull out the spare tire. Big round grey disc is the compressor for the system if equipped.

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ahh. I replaced the fronts and didn't see any wires going into them. Thanks Rick.

Question for you: Car has 135k on it or so, the rear end is too soft, thinking to shotgun the upper and lower control arms to have fresh bushings in there when i redo the rear shocks. Can you think of anything else I should look to replace while I am in there? I did a total front end suspension rebuild 12k ago

Big big thanks...

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
Sounds like you want to get the car back up to new again. Hit www.realoem.com check the rear suspension components and replace anything that has rubber in it. You can do an inspection on your car and if you bushings look good back there. Then they probably are. But if you're that far into it, I'd replace them anyway. We just did this to my 760 not long ago. I use a mechanic so I'm not a 100 percent sure exactly which parts we replaced. I did front and rear suspension also. The only thing that wasn't OEM that was replaced was the adaptive ride shocks and struts. I went with the Bilstein. OEM was going to cost me about $5400. Bilstein $2400. Bilstein has a lifetime warranty and OEM only two years. Replace the springs on all four corners while you're at it also.

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The springs too? Really?? I figured they'd be good for the life of the car. Is this not so?

And yes, I think its worth keeping the car in the shape it was intended to be in. Gotta stay on top of this stuff or you wind up with a junker and the plan is to drive the car until it dies, hopefully many, many years down the road. (Been a great(!) car.)

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
Yes springs too. They loose strength after years of rebounding. Jump behind the wheel of the V12 760li. All the bells and whistles. You'll love it. I do mine.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts