BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a 2005 325i and i see the R/T button and the voice button on the steering wheel but I know that doesn't necessarily mean that the car has bluetooth. Is there an easy dead giveaway that I can look for?

Thanks

·
Is it Trackday yet?
8,975 Posts
esprocks said:
I just bought a 2005 325i and i see the R/T button and the voice button on the steering wheel but I know that doesn't necessarily mean that the car has bluetooth. Is there an easy dead giveaway that I can look for?

Thanks
The cars I've seen that have it have a small microphone on the steering wheel cowl, the plastic behind the wheel and in front of the instrument cluster. You should have a pairing button somewhere on the center console as well, i think.

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
You can try holding down the speak button while putting the car into accessory, then releasing it and see if it initiates a pairing. I believe that's how it works...

You can also check for the mic.

The microphone on the steering cowel is only for convertibles.

·
Registered
31 Posts
My 2005 330i has neither a pairing button or a sync button, but has bluetooth.

Put your phone in 'find me' mode and turn your ignition key to the 'on' position. Wait a minute and see if your phone finds anything.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Does anyone have a definite answer on this? My car came with NAV and has a telephone manual that came with it, but the NAV doesn't show "Telephone" like I've seen it in screenshots. How do you know if you have bluetooth or not?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts