BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi - Just joined and have a burning question already.

Anybody got a definitive answer on how to tell if my E46 M3 wheels are OEM. I need them refurbed so before I send them off to Pristine Wheels I want to check they are genuine otherwise I'll look to buy replacements.

Thanks for your help

·
Registered
4,122 Posts
If they are genuine OE wheels, they will have a BMW part number on them. My M3 does not have OE wheels fitted anymore, but my E91 wheels have the part number, as well as a roundel and "BMW" in the alloy on the back of the spoke. A bit of a hassle to remove a wheel, but the only way to be sure.

BMW wheel part numbers start with 36. So the full part number will be 36 XX X XXX XXX

A web site where you can look up your wheels and determine the part numbers:
http://felgenkatalog.auto-treff.com
in German but not too hard to navigate.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey thanks for the reply, I thought that was how but wanted to be doubley sure before taking the wheels off!

Thanks for the website link will check it out!:)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hey thanks for the reply, I thought that was how but wanted to be doubley sure before taking the wheels off!

Thanks for the website link will check it out!:)

·
Alter Peter
533 Posts
Hi - Just joined and have a burning question already.

Anybody got a definitive answer on how to tell if my E46 M3 wheels are OEM. I need them refurbed so before I send them off to Pristine Wheels I want to check they are genuine otherwise I'll look to buy replacements.

Thanks for your help
You can tell by the inside of the spokes the BMW is cast right into the spokes along with part number and the name of the manufacturer that made the wheel for BMW. You also will find a date when the wheel was manufactured (year and month) the year is shown as for example 2008 and the month is shown as dots so 2008 ... would mean made in March 2008.

You have to take off the wheel and clean it to be able to see all the information cast into the spokes on the inside surfaces of the spokes.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts