BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know how they deliver a car at the Welt that has zero miles on the odometer. My only thought is that they change the odometer to zeros when it gets to the Welt, but I am not sure that would be legal.:confused::confused:

Attachments

·
17,965 Posts
How far is the Welt from the factory?

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
How far is the Welt from the factory?
My car was produced in Regensburg, so that is probably 50-75 miles, but I am sure that it was trucked to the Welt. There is still the drive to the truck at the factory, the drive from the truck into the storage at the Welt.

·
Registered
4,072 Posts
Mines had 1-mile on it today.

·
Registered
3,737 Posts
This is just a guess: Your car actually had 0.9... miles on it. The main odometer does not round up; it stays at the lower number of whole miles until the next whole number is reached. The trip odometer might have said 0.9, but someone reset it just before turning it over to you.

·
Freude am Fahren
19,695 Posts
Actually, the cars start out in negative territory, i.e. minus 3 or 4 kilometers.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Guy at the Welt mentioned that the cars are transported in a "transport" mode. Maybe it's BS, but if it's true maybe this is how the mileage is handled?

He was trying to tell me that that may be why the radio wasn't working. Maybe the car was still in "transport" mode.

May have just been a story he told me to try to explain my issue and keep me calm. :dunno:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts