BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
1,729 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What's the trick fellas?

With the radiator cap on, squeezing the mail radiator hose should be doable right? Or should the hose by hard to squeeze?

I appreciate the info!

·
Plays with a stick
1,735 Posts
There are two 'bleeder' screwswhere you can let off air (recommend letting the car cool off substantially but still with a little pressure in the system). Must have car 'off'!
One screw is right at the top of the expansion tank. However, this bleeds off the tank and may then draw coolant from the system toward the tank. I prefer bleeding from the screw that is on the top radiator hose on the end away from the radiator, closer to the block. This is a high spot in the system and air accumulates there. Unscrew VERY SLOWLY as it doesn't take much to have antifreeze spewing out of there. I would recommend burping off air several days ina row from this spot till you don't get any air. It took me 3 or 4 days of doing this after I got home from work.

·
yorkie power
353 Posts
elevate front end about 6". Take expansion tank cap off(cold engine please).

Turn the car on, when temp reaches the 12 o'clock position, open the bleeder screw halfway. when bubbles appear at the bleeding screw, add coolant at the tank until coolant starts seeping out of screw. Tighten bleeding screw. Close expansion tank. Done.
Check coolant level over the next few days.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts