BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I decided that I'm getting to forego my mechanics suggestion of not getting this car because of its issues since it's the one that gives me the most pleasure and fits my family.

I am getting an endurance bumper to bumper warranty so that I can live with it. Also getting a PPI.

Are these notorious leaks things that will present themselves as puddles in the driveway or a few spots here and there, white smoke when driving? In other words, how will I know if I ever get this issue, what do I look for? And can the leaks or further damage be prevented once it starts? Can it cause the car to seize while driving?

Anything other than the oil leaks to watch for?

·
Registered
7 Posts
As you have probably heard these cars are notorious for oil leaks. How will you know? Well, you will probably see puddles underneath the car depending on the severity of the leak. The way to minimize the leaks is to drive it regularly. Do not let the car sir for extended periods of time. Each time you do an oil change have your Indy do a thorough diagnostic check (and at all costs, fix the issue s as soon as you can). This will keep you well informed of any and all potential problems. I have a deal with my beast it is the check engine light comes on or if I notice a leak then I park it until I can get it checked out. Just keeps me from being stranded. Happy motoring!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts