Ex-Dictator
26,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Kinda looking better from the side without that funny Bangle line :dunno:

Attachments

·
King of Rear Clunks
12,903 Posts
I dunno if its a result of the removal (which looks better) but the doors look too small and sit too high up.

·
Ex-Dictator
26,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yep, I have noticed that too after finishing it.

·
749 Posts
I think it looks much better without the "stick-on air freshener" logo and "hey, let's stick a Z on the side, that would look cute" embedded Z.

·
A sudden sense of liberty
3,939 Posts
Alex Baumann said:
Kinda looking better from the side without that funny Bangle line :dunno:
It's definitely better. One of the Z4's biggest problems is that the design is way too busy. This is a symptom, I think, of "flame surfacing," which requires lots of cut lines and void/substance transitions to get the interesting visual effect that Bangle likes so much.

Ironically, it's *exactly* the opposite with the E65, which suffers from giant slab sides that have no visually interesting details whatsoever.

One thing that the Z4 and E65 do share is really poorly designed noses and tails. Your p shop job is good, but it leaves that outrageous duckbill and the goofy nose droop intact.

·
BMW + twisty road = fun
5,886 Posts
That Bangle has a thing for lines, bulges, and sharp edges. His car designs are way to busy looking.:thumbdwn:

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
That looks MUCH better - that vertical seam, together with the turn inidicator "zit" looks horrible.

Can you edit out the butt lip as well?? I'd like to see how that works. That way if I ever get one, I can take the pic to a body shop so they can see what they need to remove.

·
Ex-Dictator
26,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
OK, Version 2

Attachments

·
Ex-Dictator
26,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
TD said:
Come on. Again, it still looks like this guy-

No chin. Droopy face.
Hehe, OK, OK, I'm working on it :D

·
Ex-Dictator
26,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
TD said:

As long as you're at it, the grill needs to move up to be in line with the headlights.
OK.

If anyone have any other ideas please post.

·
Ex-Dictator
26,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
bump :D

Version 3

Attachments

·
King of Rear Clunks
12,903 Posts
Damn, BMW could save a lot of money and embarassment by firing Bangle, Hooydonk, et.al. and just lurking here instead. :thumbup:

G

·
Seriously. Compare #3 with the real thing and you'd think the real one was the fake. As in, no one would seriously design something that ugly.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts