BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
how long does it take get my 335

I placed the order for my 335 sedan 3weeks ago and the dealer told me today that, it has been built but not shipped. Does this mean i am still going to be waiting for another month. When i placed the order he told it takes 5 weeks.

·
Flying monkey herder
8,173 Posts
I placed the order for my 335 sedan 3weeks ago and the dealer told me today that, it has been built but not shipped. Does this mean i am still going to be waiting for another month. When i placed the order he told it takes 5 weeks.
usually takes about 2 weeks to get here once on a boat. the VDC is in NJ, so the dealer will get it same or next day when its released to trucking.

ordered a 528xi end of november, got it end of dec last year.

·
Registered
53 Posts
can i ask you how much you paid for the car, ie the price over invoice?
i know that if you buy a 3 series that's on the dealer lot, you can get it for about $500 over invoice. what is the going rate for custom ordered cars?

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i went in asking fro 500 over invoice, but because i ordered it and did not take one off the lot, i ended up paying 700 over invoice. I think i could have gotten it for less, but i just took the deal.

·
Registered
132 Posts
I don't know how to track production online, but you can call BMW USA at 800-831-1117. Say "vehicle production status". The automated system will prompt you to say the vehicle production number or the last 7 digits on the VIN (if you know it). Mine has finished production and waiting to be released to the carrier. Probably arriving on the West Coast sometime next month.

·
Registered
6,805 Posts
how do you track the car online?
Sign up on bmwusa.com (Owners Circle if memory serves). You will need a VIN or Production Number. The Owners Circle tracking function has different stages from manufacture to awaiting shipping to on a ship (with ship name) to at VDC to in transit to dealer to at dealer. Sometimes, there is a lag in when the vehicle tracker system gets updated. When I ordered my E46 M3, the dealer actually got the car and called me to pick it up 3 days before the vehicle tracker showed the car as being at the dealer.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I received the production ID from from the dealer however when I go online and try the production ID, it gives the wrong vehicle information. My dealer said that the production IDs were recycled and that it probably has not made it into the website yet and to try again in a week or two. Is this true?

·
Registered
5 Posts
I received the production ID from from the dealer however when I go online and try the production ID, it gives the wrong vehicle information. My dealer said that the production IDs were recycled and that it probably has not made it into the website yet and to try again in a week or two. Is this true?
I saw the same thing when I first entered my production number. It came up with a 2005 vehicle, not even close to the one I ordered. I called, and the rep on the phone at BMWNA told me that the production numbers were recycled, and sure enough, within a couple days all of the correct info popped up. The anxiety is KILLING me! My first BMW (335xi, silver, loaded) is on a boat somewhere, scheduled to be at the dealer in Colorado around the first of July. I don't know if I can make it that long! This is worse than waiting for Santa as a kid...

·
Registered
5,532 Posts
Just be glad you're east coast. It takes another week for us on the west coast. :)

dj

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
I saw the same thing when I first entered my production number. It came up with a 2005 vehicle, not even close to the one I ordered. I called, and the rep on the phone at BMWNA told me that the production numbers were recycled, and sure enough, within a couple days all of the correct info popped up. The anxiety is KILLING me! My first BMW (335xi, silver, loaded) is on a boat somewhere, scheduled to be at the dealer in Colorado around the first of July. I don't know if I can make it that long! This is worse than waiting for Santa as a kid...
This thread is so appropriate as I ordered my new X5 last Friday, rec'd a production number and when I enter into the OC, it brings up a 2001 Silver 745LI. Good to know as I'm obsessed with this tracking thing..

·
Scubajag
187 Posts
My CA explained that often a vehicle in its allocation will still show up as the orginal vehicle allocated, and it takes some time for BMW to transfer the car acually ordered to the allocated car. So don't worry if the exact car you ordered is not showing up as the production number car - it will be changed closer to production as the order has been received by BMW

·
Registered
6,805 Posts
My CA explained that often a vehicle in its allocation will still show up as the orginal vehicle allocated, and it takes some time for BMW to transfer the car acually ordered to the allocated car. So don't worry if the exact car you ordered is not showing up as the production number car - it will be changed closer to production as the order has been received by BMW
If your dealer can't produce a Vehicle Inquiry Report (VIR) that shows your car by VIN and its options, you don't have a car in the pipeline. The VIR will have your name on it, which confirms that the car is yours.

·
Lost but making good time
3er + 3er + 4er = 10er, Bimmers?!
5,855 Posts
So don't worry if the exact car you ordered is not showing up as the production number car - it will be changed closer to production as the order has been received by BMW
I don't think anyone was worrying, seeing as they haven't discussed it for three years. :tsk:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts