BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Getting ready to order a 2017 X5. This is my wife's vehicle. She is a Realtor, so she is in and out of the vehicle a lot. She has decided to get the Ivory White Dakota Leather. Anyone had experience with this color? Does it hold up as far as the color goes?

Thanks in advance!

BTW, this forum has really helped in deciding how to order the X5!!

·
Registered
8,892 Posts
Getting ready to order a 2017 X5. This is my wife's vehicle. She is a Realtor, so she is in and out of the vehicle a lot. She has decided to get the Ivory White Dakota Leather. Anyone had experience with this color? Does it hold up as far as the color goes?

Thanks in advance!

BTW, this forum has really helped in deciding how to order the X5!!
I loved the look of ivory, but was worried about clothing dye transfer (such as blue jeans etc). I did some reading here and it seems like the people who had ivory on other BMWs all said "its no problem as long as you clean xxxxx times a month, etc".

Since I am not maniacal about car care ( I like a clean car but I am NOT the guy who spends 3-4 hours every weekend cleaning / waxing, leather conditioning, etc), and the wife wanted black dakota, I didnt push it.

Your wife may or may not wear jeans while she is doing her professional duties, but its likely that her clients will be in them. Not sure if she is still "old school" and picks up clients to take them to showings or not, but if so that would be a concern of mine.

Unfortunately, I dont have ivory though so I cant give you first hand knowledge.. just what I was thinking about during ordering.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. She doesn't carry clients around as much any more, but, yes, transfer from the dye in clothes in what I'm kind of concerned about. If it cleans off easily that's not a big deal. I just don't want it staining permanently. She trades every 3 or 4 years. (has to wait that long for tax reasons)

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
Yeah just go for it! We have the Oyster Nevada in the X3 which is very light too. It's all very beautiful! It's like some British car flavor (some people call it euro flavor/thing). However every time we take it to the car wash/detail shop, they instantly say we ought to clean/detail these seats!! (again and again lol) The occasional blue jeans markings do come out easily using whatever cleaner/method that they use.

edit: They keep saying/asking "detail the seats?" each time maybe because they just want to test if we remember when was the last time we got these seats detailed!!

·
Registered
208 Posts
I have ivory and love it. I have a white towel on the driver seat to help keep it clean for everyday errands. I simply throw the towel in cargo if im going out to dinner or a movie with the family.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Having been a Realtor (20 years ago) imo the X5 is too high off the ground for Realtor duties. Especially if clients are older. She should stick with a car. The rear seating leg room in the X5 is also limited. Alternatively some SUV's with air suspensions can lower themselves pretty close to the ground for ingress/egress. Jeep Grand Cherokee for example.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Having been a Realtor (20 years ago) imo the X5 is too high off the ground for Realtor duties. Especially if clients are older. She should stick with a car. The rear seating leg room in the X5 is also limited. Alternatively some SUV's with air suspensions can lower themselves pretty close to the ground for ingress/egress. Jeep Grand Cherokee for example.
Thanks for the reply. Actually, she has been a Realtor for 27 years and counting. Her last 5 vehicles have been SUVs. Mercedes M class and even a GMC Denali. She is fed up with the Mercedes service and is going with BMW. (Just got her ML350 out of service after 6 weeks, 3 weeks of "diagnostics!!)

She rarely has clients in her car. Years ago, it seems that more clients rode long, now they drive themselves.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Over the years have had a variety of vehicles with White leather. Yes on Blue Jeans, especially new. Yes on marks left by briefcases, newspaper ink.
If you have those annoying varmints sure more trouble. I will not allow kids near my cars so can't say'

I have the white. No problems but its not used for rough wear. I went an brought a GMC for that. Now if someone has questionable clothing attire.
They sit on a towel. If not a big deal person, sure it will be fine

·
Registered
6 Posts
I've ivory leather on my 40e and do a lot mileage where I'm sitting in the car for long periods. You do get colour transfer from jeans etc but I use Autoglym leather cleaner and maguires gold class leather protectant. They work well together and the car smells like new leather all the time, I apply it every couple of months , keeps the leather very fresh looking.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts