BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Car price -
2017 340i xDrive - $46,905
Estoril Blue Metallic - $645 (d'oh the price increase on 8/1!)
Black Dakota Leather - $1335
Cold Weather - $735
Driver Assistance - $875
Driver Assistance Plus - $1565
Lighting Package - $735
M Sport Package - Included
Adaptive M Suspension - $645
Technology Package - $2530
Rear manual side window shades - $530
Active Cruise Control - $1105
Apple CarPlay - $275
Destination - $995
Training - $180

Total - $59,055 and they took $1000 off the price - $58,055 (plus taxes, tags and proc fee)

Then taking that price of $58,055 - they provided me with lease figures -

36 months, 10k miles per year

MSRP of $62,820
Selling price of $58,055 (2017 BMW 340i xDrive)
Money Factor - .00088 (.00137 is buy rate before 7 MSD's)
Residual ***8211; 60%
Virginia Tax - $2,380.26 (4.1% of the sales price of the vehicle)
Monthly payment before tax - $692.51
Monthly payment including tax ($2380.26 / 36) ***8211; $758.63
6358.63 down with 5600 going toward MSD's + 1 month payment

The numbers don't jive with what I have in my Excel calculator - they are off by about $15/month but maybe my calculator isn't right? Or maybe it includes extra fees that I'm not calculating such as tags or processing? I included a $695 lease aquisition fee and $299 tags + processing (I think this is roughly correct - $250 processing and about $50 for title, tags, and registration)

·
Registered
8,892 Posts
Car price -
Cold Weather - $735
Driver Assistance - $875
Lighting Package - $735
Apple CarPlay - $275
Destination - $995
Training - $180

Total - $59,055 and they took $1000 off the price - $58,055 (plus taxes, tags and proc fee)

Selling price of 58,055 (2017 BMW 340i xDrive)
Residual - 60%
Monthly payment including tax ($2380.26 / 36) - $758.63

The numbers don't jive with what I have in my Excel calculator - they are off by about $15/month but maybe my calculator isn't right? Or maybe it includes extra fees that I'm not calculating such as tags or processing? I included a $695 lease aquisition fee and $299 tags + processing (I think this is roughly correct - $250 processing and about $50 for title, tags, and registration)
Lease aquisition fee is 925

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks - putting it at $925 makes it much closer - I am at $751, and the dealer sent me the other fees, $143.50 for title/registration and $300 for Processing fee (I guess it went up from last time I bought a car) - so with my calculator that puts it at $754, which is a lot closer to his quote of $758.

·
Registered
8,892 Posts
duplicate post.

·
Registered
8,892 Posts
Thanks - putting it at $925 makes it much closer - I am at $751, and the dealer sent me the other fees, $143.50 for title/registration and $300 for Processing fee (I guess it went up from last time I bought a car) - so with my calculator that puts it at $754, which is a lot closer to his quote of $758.
The rest of your deal looks pretty good to me btw. I am assuming (as I didnt calculate it but am familiar with BMW pricing) that what you have listed up there is invoice prices, and they gave you a price at 1k under invoice, base money factor, and the fees dont sound too horribly bad either.

Thats a pretty darn loaded car. Surprised you are not getting the track package while you are at it. Dont like the wheels? I have a 435 that is similar to the car you are building there (I dont have cold package or apple car play because it was not available, and I dont even know if rear shades are available on 4 series), but I have the track package). I also dont have the active cruise control but will have it on my wifes X5.

If nothing else, the blue brake calipers look VERY good with estoril blue body paint. They of course stop better, but I dont track my car and I am fairly open about the fact that I got it for asthetic reasons.

The wheels that come with the track package (the orbit grey ones) look good to me too. Looks are subjective, but from the looks side, the grey in the wheels is the same color as the brake dust that is generated, so they look MUCH cleaner than BMW wheels normally look, without having to clean them all the time. The Variable steering is not bad either. I only notice it in parking lots, where it makes it easier to park. At freeway speeds I dont notice it.

In any case, with a car that loaded, I would recommend throwing on the track package too :thumbup: :drive:

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The rest of your deal looks pretty good to me btw. I am assuming (as I didnt calculate it but am familiar with BMW pricing) that what you have listed up there is invoice prices, and they gave you a price at 1k under invoice, base money factor, and the fees dont sound too horribly bad either.

Thats a pretty darn loaded car. Surprised you are not getting the track package while you are at it. Dont like the wheels? I have a 435 that is similar to the car you are building there (I dont have cold package or apple car play because it was not available, and I dont even know if rear shades are available on 4 series), but I have the track package). I also dont have the active cruise control but will have it on my wifes X5.

If nothing else, the blue brake calipers look VERY good with estoril blue body paint. They of course stop better, but I dont track my car and I am fairly open about the fact that I got it for asthetic reasons.

The wheels that come with the track package (the orbit grey ones) look good to me too. Looks are subjective, but from the looks side, the grey in the wheels is the same color as the brake dust that is generated, so they look MUCH cleaner than BMW wheels normally look, without having to clean them all the time. The Variable steering is not bad either. I only notice it in parking lots, where it makes it easier to park. At freeway speeds I dont notice it.

In any case, with a car that loaded, I would recommend throwing on the track package too :thumbup: :drive:
Thanks - I can't get the track package and the Active Cruise Control - so it was a choice between the two and I picked the Active Cruise Control - I actually like the darker wheels, but they are only available on the track package. I would have liked the better brakes too - wasn't sure about the Variable Steering.

·
Registered
984 Posts
You should put a little money down to bring payment under $750 so you can save $350 in MSDs

Or, pay the taxes upfront and you can get under $700, saving $700 in MSDs.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Is there any disadvantage to paying all of the taxes up front? I kind of thought it would be better to roll the taxes into the lease payment - just incase for example I get into a car accident and the car is totaled year 1 - then I paid all of the taxes, but if it is divided up into the lease payment, insurance would likely pay off what I owe, including the taxes?

·
Registered
984 Posts
This is a good question. When you bake the tax into the payments, depending on the state, BMWFS is sending the payment as a whole out to the state. If car is totaled, I dont know if GAP insurance covers that.

I will say that it is a valid way to look at it, and you probably get mixed feedback as people are fairly religious about something like this.

·
Porleau
1,537 Posts
Car price -
Cold Weather - $735
Driver Assistance - $875
Lighting Package - $735
Apple CarPlay - $275
Destination - $995
Training - $180

MSRP of $62,820
Selling price of $58,055 (2017 BMW 340i xDrive)
Residual - 60%
Monthly payment including tax ($2380.26 / 36) - $758.63

This is a nice deal. Wondering how you got them to $1k under invoice. Strong negotiations, incentives, or both?

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
This is a nice deal. Wondering how you got them to $1k under invoice. Strong negotiations, incentives, or both?
No negotiation at all - I was shocked. I just emailed a CA that another member recommended in Maryland and I asked him to provide me pricing for a 2017 340i xDrive and to please price out separate options of XYZ and then I also asked him about the BMW Ultimate Test Drive event that gives you $1000 off, and if he could give me the coupon without actually driving over to this dealership to get the coupon. He said there was no coupon available right now - but sent me a pricing sheet which had their Wholesale prices (which match Invoice price) for the car and then hand wrote at the bottom "-$1000" and $58055. I was shocked - especially at the beginning of the month, it was super easy. I have never even picked up the phone to talk to him or gone in person.

There are currently no incentives for 2017s, but the Dealer Holdback is now 5% of MSRP -- so when ordering a car the dealer should pocket the entire holdback which is $3141. So $1000 under invoice means the dealer technically still pockets $2141. It is still a good deal imho for a new MY.

I am still waiting for the order sheet - but if this works out, this is the easiest transaction I've ever had!

·
Registered
85 Posts
No negotiation at all - I was shocked. I just emailed a CA that another member recommended in Maryland and I asked him to provide me pricing for a 2017 340i xDrive and to please price out separate options of XYZ and then I also asked him about the BMW Ultimate Test Drive event that gives you $1000 off, and if he could give me the coupon without actually driving over to this dealership to get the coupon. He said there was no coupon available right now - but sent me a pricing sheet which had their Wholesale prices (which match Invoice price) for the car and then hand wrote at the bottom "-$1000" and $58055. I was shocked - especially at the beginning of the month, it was super easy. I have never even picked up the phone to talk to him or gone in person.

There are currently no incentives for 2017s, but the Dealer Holdback is now 5% of MSRP -- so when ordering a car the dealer should pocket the entire holdback which is $3141. So $1000 under invoice means the dealer technically still pockets $2141. It is still a good deal imho for a new MY.

I am still waiting for the order sheet - but if this works out, this is the easiest transaction I've ever had!
Dealer holdback is 5% of MSRP, really? Where did you get that info from? I thought BMW has no holdbacks and they only give out monthly bonus based on sales volume.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Dealer holdback is 5% of MSRP, really? Where did you get that info from? I thought BMW has no holdbacks and they only give out monthly bonus based on sales volume.
http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=917430

For 2017 we're likely to see deals closer to invoice pricing as dealerships push for volume to hit the back end targets. BMW has also increased the holdback (more back end money) from 5 percent of vehicle base cost to 5 percent of the sticker price, giving dealership more room to deal on highly optioned vehicles. What happens in the real market is yet to be seen. As 2017s start hitting the show room stay tuned to find out what Bimmerfest members are getting for deals.

·
Registered
8,892 Posts

·
Registered
8,892 Posts
LOL now I'm looking at 2016 M3s ... not that many available in my area though :(

425hp sounds amazing though.
If you were looking at an 2016 M3 with the 2016 residuals, you might be able to do that, yeah.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
If you were looking at an 2016 M3 with the 2016 residuals, you might be able to do that, yeah.
Yeah I can't find any lightly optioned M3's in my area ... Not 100% sure on the RWD for a daily driver, plus I'd need a set of winter rims+tires. But ... 425hp ;)

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I'm hesitating now because others have said I could get a lightly optioned 2016 M3 for the same price - but there are hardly any 2016 M3s near me (only 1 that is lightly optioned) - are there any good sponsors / dealers that could ship the car to me that I should check out?

1 - 20 of 34 Posts